In which I kind of, sort of, somewhat....grind to a bit of a halt.
Last month I had plenty to update you on, but this month the progress has stopped. Entirely. I haven't gained any weight (WOOT!) but I haven't lost any either. For a month. There are myriad reasons for this, some my own silly fault, others less so, but it's clear I need to return to the drawing board and rejig a few things. Namely:
1. Getting back on the My Fitness Pal track. The logic is simple. When I track my food I am more mindful of what I'm eating and make smarter choices. When I don't it's all too easy to sneak in extra food, or just to make stupider choices. In Jan and early Feb I was tracking every day and getting on or below my calories 19 times out of twenty. I need to return to this.
2. Getting my steps back on. Hitting that 10k a day is a vital piece of the puzzle. I'm hitting it more often than not, but I'm going to aim for 70,000 a week again (that way I can still have a rest day if I squeeze in a couple of 15k days earlier in the week).
3. Daily weigh ins are back. They are not for everyone but the work for me and help me to observe changes and trends.
4. More exercise. As well as the walking I'm going to build in a couple of rowing and cross-training sessions. I feel so much better when I do!
5. More water, less wine, less sugar, more sleep.
I'll be back in a few weeks, hopefully with some new stats to share!
Weight: no change (2015 total: -15 pounds)
Body Fat: no change (2015 total: -1%)
Bust: no change (2015 total: -6cm)
Waist: no change (2015 total: -9cm)
Hips: no change (2015 total: -9cm)
If you have any top tips for staying motivated, or healthy snacks you love, I'd love to read them in the comments!