A post about the roadtrip to follow, but for this evening, a meme created by WIGSF, stolen with love from Miss Ash....
1.What do you really want for Christmas but you know nobody will get it for you? I want an iPod! But I know that won't happen...in the realms of reality, I'd really like some cute slouch-around-the-house pyjamas, but I don't think anyone will think of that!
2.What do you not want for Christmas but you know that somebody will get it for you? I'm grateful for all my gifts - I'm lucky enough to have friends with great taste!
3.When do you open your gifts (Christmas Eve or Christmas morning)?We open our gifts on Christmas morning! And as this will be the first year sans stockings (*sniff*), we're going to get up and have breakfast and get dressed and everything. I might make mimosas!
4.Do you prefer gifts wrapped or in gift bags?I just like gifts!
5.Did you regift anything this year? Nope, but I have brought a lot of foodie gifts that my generous pupils gave to me to share with the fam.
6.What’s your favourite Christmas movie? It's a tie between 'It's A Wonderful Life' and 'The Muppet Christmas Carol' for me.
7.What’s your favourite Christmas TV special? Father Ted!
8.Do you like egg nog? I have never tried it! Is that wrong?
9.Real tree or fake tree, which do you prefer? Fake at the moment - because I don't spend the big day chez moi, a real tree would be a tad cumbersome!
10.Would you actually use one of those fireplace DVDs if you don’t have a fireplace? Er....no. I do love that (apparently) there's a channel in NY that plays that log burning thang 24 hours a day though!
11.Are you sick of Christmas music yet? Nope. Love it!
12.Are you getting up early to wait in line to do some Boxing Day shopping? We're going en famille to the beautiful city of Inverness - we usually go later, but because my sis's boyfriend is flying in (to the airport at Inverness) on Boxing Day and I'm scarpering earlier than usual after the festivities, we've moved it up.
13.When was the last time you sat on Santa’s lap? Hehehehehehehehe.
I’m early for something…are you impressed? Well that was the year that was…
1. What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before? Let's see...I passed my driving test! And I went to Canada! And I survived a could-have-been-nasty road collision! And I enrolled as a Joinee! And I worked at a finishing school!
2. Did you keep your New Years' resolutions and will you make more for next year? Well this year I started my infamous list…and now I’m continuing to work on it, so yes, I guess. Update on the list soon, btw.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Kathryn dropped her number 2 (hello, gorgeous Xander! See you on Saturday!), as did Erin (hello. lovely Zach! See you soon too!), and the magnificent Tracey and Andrew greeted the cutie pie that is Isobel (who I made cry on Saturday, tsk, tsk). There were new babies at church too, but this trio were my special ones. My life gets more and more babytcular as the years go by!
4. Did anyone close to you die? No, thank heavens.
5. What countries did you visit? England, Scotland, Wales, Canada. Gosh, I love Canada.
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007? More kisses, please. Seriously.
7. What date from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? The weekend that was 30.6.07/1.7.07 – survive horrible accident on the Saturday….pass driving test the morning after. High five!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? It has to be the driving test (again) – what can I say, I’m quite proud of that one!
9. What was your biggest failure? Not too sure. There were no doubt myriad failings along the way, but none I’ll dwell on. Oh, hang on, I know now – missing the Biffy Clyro gig (for very noble reasons!) where U2 made a cameo! D’oh!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Magnificent bruises from the crash – they didn’t go down till early August, and I still get twinges from time to time.
11. What was the best thing you bought? That would have to be my gorgeous JessiKa…followed by my plane tickets to Canada…followed by my copy of ‘Join Me’.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration? That would be my lovely friends and pupils, as always.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed? The two people I ejected from my life in August. Ta-ra boys! And the behaviour of some so-called friends at church way back at the start of the year was more than a little shocking.
14. Where did most of your money go? Rent and bills and fun and stuff. The usual!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Canada! Babies! Driving! Lists! Exclamation points!
16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
Umbrella (ella, ella) by Rihanna (whether I like it or not! This song just took over this year) Folding Stars by Biffy Clyro (just stunning, and reminds of driving around in the sunshine, blaring this as loud as poss) The Great Escape by Patrick Watson (heartrending) Sweet Escape by Gwen Stefani (poptacular!) Heartless by Frank Turner (best swearalong song ever, I think!) And lots of Beach Boys and Brian Wilson stuff. And Fergie’s ‘Glamorous’ (aka ‘Dangerous’ for a Wales based in-joke). And ‘She’s So Lovely’ (because you CANNOT escape that blimmin' song). And ‘Such Great Heights’ (I was late to the Postal Service party, but boy am I glad I made it!).
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: Happier or sadder? Thinner or fatter? Richer or poorer? A little happier, about the same size, and a teeny bit richer, I guess. Getting there slowly but steadily, I like to think.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Hanging out with my friends. I’ve done a lot of it, but there’s always room for more! Oh, and kissing! There’s always room for more of that, too!
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Worrying and worrying!
20. How will you be spending Christmas? I will be making to pilgrimage north to Forres to chill with the family, drink in the Beastie and the Brookie, watch far too much bad TV and eat my own body weight in junk food. It’s traditional!
21. Did you fall in love in 2007? Not yet. I have had a couple of crushes though, and spent a good few months hung up on a certain someone. But that was way back now, so I’m ready to fall once more. Bring it!
23. How many one-night stands? I would say no comment, but that means yes, so I’ll just out and say no.
24. What was your favourite TV program? I go through phases of watching loads of telly, and times when I watch none…when I do I watch I like ‘Ugly Betty’, ‘Scrubs’, ‘Spooks’, ‘Strictly Come Dancing’, ‘Skins’, ‘Doctor Who’, ‘The Mighty Boosh’, 'Never Mind The Buzzcocks’ and ‘House’.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? I don’t believe in hate.
26. What was the best book you read? I’ve read some awesome books – Join Me converted me, Under The Banner of Heaven astounded me, Love Is A Mixtape moved me…it’s been a good year for reading!
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? There are so many! I’ve had a great old time, musically…only one request – more gig-going next year!
28. What did you want and get? A car, and the ability to drive it!
29. What did you want and not get? Sigh… I’m still waiting on the universe for this one!
30. What was your favourite film of this year? Probably the two featuring the delightful Mr Pegg – I’m all about Hot Fuzz and Run Fatboy Run!
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? 27. And I hosted a Christmas drinks thing for a dozen of the ladies from school. Fun – and I’m still finishing the leftovers a week or so on!
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? It’s been satisfying, but there are a few things I’d like more of next year, God willing. And less of, now I think of it!
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007? Just me, really.
34. What kept you sane? My gorgeous friends!
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? George Clooney, David Tennant, and Dave Grohl.
36. What political issue stirred you the most? War (what is it good for?), human rights and global climate change.
38. Who was the best new person you met? There are so many…the Joinees, the Forres contingent, my Canadian buddies. I am truly a blessed young lady.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007. Um, just to enjoy the ride and be grateful for what I have, I guess.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. Pick any song that reflects on the awesomeness of friends, the bittersweetness of unrequited love, or the strange twists and turns of life, and you've more or less got my year!
Heh. I love the Wayne's World movies. So all is (relatively) calm here, as term has wrapped up. me being me I still have eleventy million things to do, but the pace has slowed considerably. I also appear to have traded in all of my food groups for chocolate, pringles, and wine...awesome. Holidays are for many things, including blogging catch up, so do join me in a meme (feel free to borrow) as I settle back in:
Drama! There was no number 1!
2. When was the last time you threw up? What a charming first question. I honestly don't recall!
3. What's your favorite curse word? I don't really have favourites...but I do like some of my invented ones quite a lot ("Oh, FISHsticks!").
4. Name one person that made you smile today? Um...Vixie, for one, with her love of Rick Witter. Oh, and Rory, for a really sweet message!
5. What were you doing at 8 am this morning? I was fast, fast asleep.
6. What were you doing 30 minutes ago? Emailing my insurers. Good Lord, I'm grown-up, eh?
8. Have you ever been to a strip club? Nope.
9. What is the last thing you said aloud? "Ah, making room for his entourage?"
10. What is the best ice cream flavor? I'm a Ben and Jerry's slave. Flavour's not the issue!
11. What was the last thing you had to drink? H2O. I think I've convinced myself that drinking lots of water will somehow counter the tonnes of junk food.
12. What are you wearing right now? Chucks, jeans, blue top, black jacket.
13. What was the last thing you ate? In the spirit of festivity...Maltesers.
14. Have you bought any new clothing items this week? Yep, two cute tops for the party season and a vest top.
15. When was the last time you ran? I try not to. Swim, walk, dance, fine. Running? Oh, actually, I have - I did warm ups with my team the other week - a gentle 400m jog, rather than a run, mind!
16. What's the last sporting event you watched? Is singing a sport? If so, X-factor.
18. Who is the last person you sent a comment/message on myspace?I haven't commented on myspace for ages! On facebook, it was Cameron..on Bebo - Nadine?
19. Ever go camping? At least once a year, it seems! This year was Wales and the long weekend of sly sly doggery, eh, Quirky?
22. Do you have a tan? December. England. No.
24. Do you drink your soda from a straw? Sometimes
.25. What did the last text message you sent say? BV banter? Will pick u up soon! Cxx
26. Are you someone's best friend? I try to be the best friend I can be to many people.
27. What are you doing tomorrow? Working, tidying, eating, drinking, being merry.
29. Look to your left, what do you see? Whiteboard adorned with tat.
30.What color is your watch? Silver.
31. What do you think of when you think of Australia? Cat!
33. What is your birthstone? Turquoise.
34. Do you go in at a fast food place or just hit the drive thru?Depends.
35. What is your favorite number? Any that's being credited to my account!
36. Do you have a dog? I have a timeshare in two.
37. Last person you talked to on the phone? Insurance blokie.
38. Have you met anyone famous?Yeppers.
39. Any plans today? Finish this, go to Bicester Village, drop something off to the ill one, write thank yous in front of Spooks, call Hannah and Nai.
40. How many states have you lived in? Nary a one.
41.Ever go to college? Yes. Twice.
43. Biggest annoyance in your life right now? Nothing really. It's almost Christmas!
44. Last song listened to? 'Yesterday Threw Everything At Me' by Athlete.
45. Are you allergic to anything? Rudeness, and "good" bacteria.
47. Favorite pair of shoes you wear all the time? Do my new leopard print slippers count?
49. Are you jealous of anyone?Nope.
50. Is anyone jealous of you? Good Lordm I hope not!
51. Do you love anyone? Dude, are you new here? I love everyone!
52. Do any of your friends have children? More and more as the years roll on!
53. Do you eat healthy? Usually...but not recently.
54. What do you usually do during the day? Teach, sing, and dance around like a muppet.
55. Do you hate anyone right now? No. It's bad for you!
56. Do you use the word 'hello' daily? Sure do.
59. Have you ever been to Six Flags? Not yet.
60. How did you get one of your scars? Scratching a chicken pox - I did convince my Y8 pals that I'd been hit by an arrow though....
So much to tell. Literally two minutes to do so. Work good but frantic; play went amazingly; first Join Meet resulted in me hugging approximately five hundred strangers (some of them cute); Christmas is on its way; social life tiptop; I have a rather big crush (for 'tis the only word to describe it!) on a guy who is, frankly, lovely; Mlle Wilson is arriving for the weekend in thress hours, and I'm 27 on Monday.