1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
Moved to London. Fell in love. And was a bridesmaid. Good times!
2. Did you keep your New Years' resolutions and will you make more for next year?
I just keep on working, really! Biggest wishes were to find a new job and see more of my boyfriend - I think I've aced those two, at the very least!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Lots of bloggy friends had babies (I'm especially attached to the beautiful Harper, Abigail and Raven, who I love to read about!), Eli & Carlos greeted the gorgeous Esperanza, Marc and Cath welcomed Joseph, Tracy and Andrew had little Olivia, and Erin welcomed beautiful Mia. Quite a few babies then!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank heavens.
5. What countries did you visit?
England, Scotland, USA.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
I’ve been so very blessed this year. I would hope to keep on this trajectory, in all its messy, fulfilling, silly, awesome wonder, if at all possible. Oh, and a *little* more time for naps is never a bad thing...
(I'm going to keep this answer from last year, and just say "ditto"!)
7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Whatever day in February it was that I first arrived at my new school to interview. I fell in love with the school! Also, 24/10/09 - getting to bridesmaid for Jenna and Chris was an utter joy! I love them so much!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Spending lots of time with the people I care about, and getting straight in my head what matters to me. And getting my job.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Losing 15 pounds...then putting twelve of them back on. Major healthkick in 2010 during the run up to 30!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing major, no. Thank heavens!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Rather geekily, my iPhone!
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
My wonderful friends. Again.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
No-one, really. All of the people around me are pretty much awesome, most of the time!
14. Where did most of your money go?
After rent and bills, most of my money has been spent on travel, gifts, stamps and phone calls.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Moving to London. Planning. Bridesmaiding. My job.
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Any of the songs from Florence and The Machine, Kate Miller-Heidke, or Taylor Swift's albums, really. The soundtrack to my commute!
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: Happier or sadder? Thinner or fatter? Richer or poorer?
Happier, about the same size, and a little richer.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Watching movies and working out.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Staying up late on school nights - always a foolish move! Do it a lot less now I live in the land of the 6 am wake up call though, I have to say!
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent Christmas cosied up at home with my badger.
21. Did you meet/date anyone special in 2009?
I'd already met him (in 2008). This is the year I fell in love with him.
23. How many one-night stands?
Not a one.
24. What was your favourite TV program?
America's Next Top Model (more or less the only show I watched every week it was on), Come Dine With Me, and 30 Rock.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don’t believe in hate.
26. What was the best book you read?
I loved Stephen Fry's America, and Churched by Matthew Paul Turner, and The State of Africa by Martin Meredith, and The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer & Annie Barrows, and Bad Science by Ben Goldacre, and many other books I can't think of right now! I'm so glad I've got back into reading!
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Kate Miller-Heidke. And Taylor Swift.
28. What did you want and get?
More time with my boy. And kisses.
29. What did you want and not get?
I really can't think. I've been infintely blessed.
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
I can't think of one - I'm so busy watching ones from a way back that I tend to miss the current. I did enjoy The Hangover though - kept me guessing!
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was twenty-nine. I worked and was spoilt by my classes and colleagues. Then I went to the pub to enough a joint 124th birthday with three of my best girls. A great birthday.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A house that was slightly less temperamental! I love it, but it has its strops!
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Pretty, comfortable, and with shiny where available.
34. What kept you sane?
My gorgeous friends! (no change!)
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
George Clooney, David Tennant, and Dave Grohl.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The fact that we are going to have little to no choice when the election is called. A uniquely depressing state of affairs.
As if further evidence was needed that I'm a little loopy. And fond of purple. With Lou, February 2009
37. I have only just noticed that there is no 37....hmmmm....
38. Who was the best new person you met?
I've been lucky enough to meet many, many cool new people!
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
Only you can set your agenda, so live with love and kindness, baby.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"The one thing, the one thing, the one thing I know,
The one thing I know to be true,
I'll never, I'll never, wherever I go,
I'll never finish loving you"
(soppy, but true ;))
So there you have it! 2009 is winding down, and tomorrow it will be a new decade. So all that remains is for me to wish you all a very happy New Year! I hope your Hogmanay celebrations go well, and wish you all the very best for the year to come - here's to 2010!