- How long have you been blogging? My very first blog was created back in 2006. It was pure junk. Terrible pictures and lots of random stuff. I deleted that mess and started blogging again in February 2008. I recently started over from scratch with EmilyWanders.com.
- What do you blog about? Do you have a specific goal with your blog (i.e. reviewing products, using it as a ministry, promoting a business), or is it more a record of your life? My blogging has always been simply a means of documenting life. It began as a way to share life with friends and family who lived far away, but it has also become an outlet for me to write and process.
- What is your favourite thing about blogging? Most definitely the people I have become friends with through blogging. I have met some amazing people, who have become some of my very best friends.
- What is your least favourite thing about blogging? I guess it would be the fact that it is a hobby that is never complete. It's not a project that you can finish and be done. Sometimes I have to give myself breaks and just step away for awhile.
- Do you have any favourite posts on your blog – pieces you’re really proud of, which document something special, or which seemed to strike a chord with your readers? Most recently I wrote a post called In October, that was hard to write, but I love it. Also, my series about my 30 by 30 List has been really fun!
- Whose blogs do you love? I’m always looking for recommendations: There are SO many fabulous blogs out there. My sweet friend Abby blogs at Dear Abby Leigh and I just adore her writing. And I love what A Deeper Story has done this year with the expansion!
you enjoy interacting with your readers? Absolutely! Like I mentioned
before, meeting such great people is one of my favorite things about
blogging. Sometimes my response time is slow (Oh hi, it took me three
months to respond to these questions. Oops.) But I do love it.
love the pictures you have on your blog - do you have a favourite
camera, or a favourite editing program? Thank you! I love taking
pictures. I use either a Canon t2i or my iPhone4S. I do a lot of my
editing really quickly in Picasa or PicMonkey, but I do sometimes use
hopes and dreams do you have for 'Emily Wanders' going forward? I hope
blogging at Emily Wanders encourages me to continue writing
consistently and is a place where I can document my life, but also
encourage other people to love THEIR lives, too, you know?
- What tips do you have for bloggers growing and nurturing their blogs? I think, besides creating good content, the best way to grow a blog is by becoming part of a community of bloggers. Make friends, comment on other blogs, share OTHER people's work. And take advantage of social media like Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest!
PS In a change from the usual, it was my turn to be interviewed last week about blogging, over at the London Bloggers Meetup blog. I so enjoy these monthly meetups as a new way to meet interesting, fun bloggers - the events are supported by NuffnangX UK and a few other sponsors and are always interesting! The post, and my goofy answers, can be found here.