1. How long have you been blogging?
I started blogging in 2005, then took some time off and started again in 2006. Geez! That's awhile. I didn't realize I had so much to say.
2. What do you blog about?Do you have a specific goal with your blog (i.e. reviewing products, using it as a ministry, promoting a business), or is it more a record of your life?
There's no specific goal but it's not really a record, either - I believe laughter is healing, so I try to post stuff that is laughter-inducing. I also like to vent once in awhile. Just writing every few days is a good outlet.
3. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
The unexpected surprise of meeting people and making new friends has been my favorite thing.
4. What is your least favourite thing about blogging?
Nasty spammers that have too much time on their hands. You know who I'm talking about!
5. Do you have any favourite posts on your blog – pieces you’re really proud of, which document something special, or which seemed to strike a chord with your readers?
I've gotten the most response from 1) posts where I write about my family, and 2) the ones where I rant about what happens with a handful of people I interact with in my job. But I like to think those are funny also. And my family's usually pretty funny, intentionally or unintentionally.
6. Whose blogs do you love? I’m always looking for recommendations :)
You mean besides yours? :) Lots - just to name a few, the guys at A Beer for the Shower (http://www.abeerfortheshower.com/) always make me laugh; Lynn at Good Things Happened makes me smile, Grannie Annie at Fools Rush In (http://granan10.blogspot.com/) and Joey at Joey's Pad (http://llcooljoe01.blogspot.com/) always make me think. GB Miller at Cedar's Mountain (http://cedarmountainnewengland.blogspot.com/) runs quite the gamut of humor, critical thinking, and venting, just about all of which I can relate to. On the day-to-day interesting life front, I love Rock Chef (http://rock-chef.blogspot.com/), She Who Seeks (http://shewhoseeks.blogspot.com/) - she also has some really interesting trivia-themed posts - and The Elephant's Child (http://myjustsostory.blogspot.com/).
But there are so many! I could go on and on...
7. Is there a certain hook to your blog - a particular theme you like to write on or an idea you keep returning to?
I'd say laughter.
8. Do you enjoy connecting with your readers, either online or in person?
Absolutely! It was fantastic having dinner with you in London, for starters. I'd love to meet some of the other blog friends I've made in person sometime.
9. What tips do you have for bloggers growing and nurturing their blogs?
I'm not really worried about growing my blog, honestly...I write mainly for me. But visiting other blogs is usually a good way to make friends.