A couple of weeks ago I was invited by the lovely folks at Appletiser to concoct a cocktail using their product, to be featured on their website. I had great fun mixing, slicing, concocting and perfecting....and ended up with three delicious drinks, rather than the specified one.
So, I wrote up the 'Toffee Apple' and sent that over to the team helping Appletiser, and though I'd share the other two here in the fullness of time. I adore making new cocktails and it's high time I started sharing more of my creations here - it's not just soups and cakes chez Roper! This fruity drink is a real delight and I've made it several times since my first concoction - it would also be very easy to create a mocktail by omitting the alcoholic elements, leaving you with a delicious fruity cup!
Cherries and Berries
Cocktail cherries (optional)
Strawberry puree (I used this version)
Absolut Cherrys* vodka
*(the brand name has it as Cherrys, I haven't mangled a plural!)
Method (for one cocktail, multiply as necessary for your crowd)
1. Take a medium sized tumbler or glass. After washing your fruit, add four raspberries and one strawberry, quartered, to the glass. If you're using cocktail cherries (I did because M loves them), add those too.
2. Add enough strawberry puree to the glass to cover the fruit.
3. Add 1 tablespoon of Chambord.
4. Pour in 25ml of the cherry vodka.
5. Top up the glass to the rim with Appletiser, stir and serve.
Such a fruity, refreshing cocktail - it's fast become a house favourite!
Disclaimer, baby: Appletiser paid for my ingredients in order to make a cocktail for them. I ended up devising three, so will share the 'extra' two here!