This series is just such a favourite of mine - there are so many great bloggers I get to read and enjoy and I love inviting them to take part in a little intereview here. Today's 'I Love Your Blog' participant is the lovely Poppy, of Poppy Loves. I've been reading her darling blog for ages and simply adore her take on London, lifestyle, travel and culture, so I was delighted when she agreed to take part. Take it away, Poppy....
All pictures used in this post are taken from Poppy's wonderful instagram :). With permission, of course!
1. How long have you been blogging?
Seven years. (SEVEN YEARS!) I can’t believe I’ve been blogging for seven years.
2. What do you blog about? Do you have a specific goal with your blog (i.e. reviewing products, promoting a business, transitioning into a writing / media / digital career), or is it more a record of your life?
My blog is a lifestyle blog with London as a central theme. I love my city, so being able to cover all aspects of it - food, music, fashion, new business etc - is a real treat for me. I also cover goings on in the UK and travel has become a stronger theme in the last couple of years as well...
3. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
I love that I am entirely in control of it. I can write about something and in the next second it is live for anyone around the world to see… amazing. I love how every day is different, how I meet new people all the time and being able to travel and see the world is a bit of a dream come true...
4. What is your least favourite thing about blogging?
Don’t shoot - I don’t have one. I actually really enjoy every single bit of it!
5. Do you have any favourite posts on your blog – pieces you’re really proud of, which document something special, or which seemed to strike a chord with your readers?
A little while ago I found a lump in my breast and I documented my (thankfully very short) journey on my blog. I had never written anything like it before, but felt that it was important to share. The response was overwhelming and I am so pleased I wrote it. I also wrote a popular piece on 13 amazing things you might not know about London… you won’t believe some of them!
6. Whose blogs do you love? I’m always looking for recommendations :)
Two wonderful pals I have made on this blogging journey are StyloNylon and Life of Yablon - I love reading their blogs as I love them!
7. I love that yours is a true lifestyle blog, with a broad remit covering lots of topics. Have you ever been tempted to become more 'niche' and follow a more narrow path?
I really love the variation that writing a Lifestyle blog brings, so I’d have to say no… I’m very happy being a Lifestyle lady ;)
8. Apart from London, which other cities are your favourites to visit and write about? Are there any places you're dying to try but haven't made it to yet?
I loved writing about Paris and Havana… such gorgeous, special cities with wonderful sights, sounds and explosions for the senses... I always feel so lucky when I’m travelling with the blog… such unexpected opportunity and excitement…
9. What hopes and dreams do you have for your blog going forward?
I love how my book club (Poppy Loves Book Club) is growing around the world, from starting on my blog… my dream is to reach a million members. Do you think I can do it? ;) It’s very magical indeed...
10. What tips do you have for bloggers growing and nurturing their blogs?
Exactly that - nurture it. Don’t let it sit like a weight around your neck and blog only if it pleases you. Blogging is something that we choose to do and the only person in charge is you! That means you can have as many tea breaks as you like, eat as much cake (research) as you like and write as often as you desire. I give everyone full permission to fall in love with their blogs and enjoy them at their pace… in the way you might savour a pink lemonade on a hazy Summer’s day. Blogging is romantic. And I am completely in love.
Thank you so much for taking part, Poppy - I totally agree on the cake-as-research element.