Tuesday, June 21, 2016
It's been a busy wee fortnight here, full of fun. And work. And stress. And excitement. And relaxation. Isn't life grand.
*starts humming Circle of Life*
As is my wont, I thought I'd do a quick little round up of a few of the things that have been keeping me occupied. Here we go!
1. The great study project continues. We are now at the OH MY GOODNESS THERE IS SO MUCH STUFF EVERYWHERE stage. All caps required, for sure!
2. On Saturday Katy and I are off to see Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. I am beyond excited, and all ready to rock my Hufflepuff teeshirt with pride! Huge thanks to the babe that is Ashleigh-Jayne for helping to sort our tickets.
3. Last weekend I got to attend not one, but two musical events. I won VIP tickets to Capital's Summertime Ball on the Saturday, and Kaz and I had a marvellous time bopping along to Flo Rida, Craig David, Jess Glynne, Tinie Tempah and many more. On the Sunday, Erica and I went along to Field Day in East London, where we were kindly hosted by I Heart Wines (great company name, right?). Full post of musical adventures (and wine) to follow.
4. My competition to win a copy of The World of The Happy Pear* came to a close and I'm looking forward to mailing out the package to the winner, Tracy, in the next few days. I'm loving the cookbook!
5. I am getting very in to my social media, and loving learning more about the platforms and how I want to use them. Twitter is for chatting and sharing; facebook is for comment, crowdsourcing and kitty/puppy videos; instagram is for beautiful images and inspiration; pinterest is for collecting ideas and planning meals/holidays/presents; and snapchat? Well that's like my own little mini-vlog. I'm cmclaire12 over there if you'd like to follow along!
6. On Wednesday of last week Matthew and I went along to Royal Ascot as guests of Appletiser. We had a lovely day out together (even if the rain did try to dampen spirits!) and it was the perfect taster before we return to the course next month with the in-laws.
7. Speaking of Katy (see point 2), this weekend just past I had the most fun with her in Brighton. She was kindly invited to town by Ibis for a break by the sea, and a big screen viewing of Dirty Dancing, and I was thrilled to be her plus-one. Full post to follow, of course, but the whole visit made me so smiley it had to make this list.
8. This mad weather has really had me guessing, and I've got drenched at least twice, and sunburned once. Pick a route, British weather!
9. For the past almost year or so, Matthew and I have been watching the boxset of Parks and Recreation, and last week we finished the final, seventh season. How am I going to cope without my Knope?
10. After the weeks and months of discussions, on Thursday it's time to vote on whether we leave the EU or not. Whatever the nation decides there will be bumps in the road ahead, but whatever decision we wake up to on June 24th I hope we can band together to support the majority's choice, however hard that may be to swallow. As I write this most polls have the two campaigns exactly level, so I think whichever way the referendum goes we are in for choppy seas ahead. However you feel about it, I hope you'll be voting - it's a pretty momentous choice.