Today's featured blogger is the lovely Haydy, who blogs at Squibb Vicious. Vivacious, energetic and fun with a capital F-U-N, I first met Haydy at a blog event a couple of years ago, and we've been bloggy friends ever since. Here are her answers to my little interview - enjoy!
The lady herself! Haydy kindly let me use images from her instagram for this post - thanks, hon!
1. How long have you been blogging?
As Squibb Vicious it’s been just over 4 years, but I’ve had various blogs beforehand, so in total about seven years! Time has flown by!!
2. What do you blog about? Do you have a specific goal with your blog (i.e. reviewing products, promoting a business, transitioning into a writing / media career), or is it more a record of your life?
I would say it’s lifestyle which is basically a record of my life! I do reviews also but a fair amount of my waffle is where we (my other half and I) have travelled to, and fun bits and bobs we get up to.
3. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
The community, when there isn’t any drama! I’ve made some amazing friends through blogging too! I also really enjoy the freedom of being able to write what I fancy and having people read it!
4. What is your least favourite thing about blogging?
The drama that goes on in the blogging world… it’s become so competitive lately, and it’s not about that! It’s about the love of writing for me.
5. Do you have any favourite posts on your blog – pieces you’re really proud of, which document something special, or which seemed to strike a chord with your readers?
I was rather pleased with this one… I was pretty honest about my weight which I’ve never done before online! I also got quite a lot of attention on this one…again, I was honest about my weight and fitness! It’s quite therapeutic writing about it!
6. Whose blogs do you love? I’m always looking for recommendations :)
This is always such a tough question… A Penny For Them is one of my closest friends and one of the blogs I’ve read for the longest, I do enjoy Being Erica as she’s always doing awesome things. Also, Mini Adventures and Shy Strange Manic. Obviously, I love your blog too Claire! <3 i="">Aw, thanks sweetie!)3>
7. I love your YouTube videos - which do you prefer doing now, vlogging or blogging?
Oh why thank you! I think blogging is still my favourite, as I like being wordy. Vlogging is something that my other half and I like to do together, he’s super creative and makes the videos happen! I’ve love vlog more but I get too nervous!!
8. What's next on your travel wishlist?
Trek America! We are looking to book one for next year as there are lots of places I’d love to visit in America but maybe wouldn’t spend a whole holiday at so this is a great way to do it! I’d also love to see more of Europe!
9. You are super active on social - what's your favourite platform (I know, so hard to choose!)?
Oh gosh, I’m so addicted to social!! I think Instagram takes first place as I love taking photos, but Twitter is a close second as it’s where I find most blogs I read and it’s a great way for driving traffic to my blog! I’m also mega pleased with how my following is growing on both recently.
10. What tips do you have for bloggers growing and nurturing their blogs?
Take the time to spread the word, use social and spend time on your photos/words. It’s a lot of hard work to get started and to get noticed but it’s so worth it. Join in Twitter chats, and make friends with other bloggers. Also, keep an eye out for events that are happening; they’re great for networking.
Thank you so much for joining in, Haydy!