Failure. A four letter word?

So, I blew it. This morning I failed my driving test. The crazy scheme of learning to drive over a couple of weeks ran aground. And the irony is, I actually drove really well for 95% of the test – great clutch control, awesome roundabouts, good control and preparation. But one flop of a reverse around a corner, one speedy approach on a bend (as I went to change the gears down while braking the examiner pointed out that I needed to slow down – i.e. to do what I was doing – this error would have failed me) and the cherry on top – a minor scrape on a wall as I pulled into the centre at the end (by this point my nerves were utterly scrambled, it’s a wonder I didn’t crash completely) meant it was a flunk.

I’m so bummed.

However, lots of good on the test also, and much has been learnt this summer. Next test? Late October. Bring it!

1. Neers
    18th August 2006 / 1:53 pm

Awww!! anyways… Oct, is it?? hmm… Bring it ON!!! 🙂 hey sweets, no worries! have a great weekend!

2. Britmum
    18th August 2006 / 11:42 pm

Oh Clare I am sorry. Next time is for definate though.I hope it hasn’t bummed your weekend. Take care xx

3. bee
    19th August 2006 / 3:26 pm

i’m sorry, sweetie. that sucks. but my birthday is in late october so i’ll throw you some luck. i think i have some universal leeway for around then…:)

4. Jessica
    19th August 2006 / 4:07 pm

Better luck next time:)

5. Claire
    19th August 2006 / 7:14 pm

Thanks so much for your comments guys…I decided the only way to combat the downness was to go and have fun! More on that soon, heehee. It sucks, but in the grand scheme of things it’s pretty wee, right?Hope your weekends are proving awesome!Cxx

6. Los
    19th August 2006 / 7:45 pm

That stinks! It’s all about the nerves. If you’ve ever watched the Brady Bunch, you should watch the one when Marsha has to take her driving test (my wife told me about it – I’m too manly to watch the Brady Bunch).

7. Claire
    20th August 2006 / 7:32 pm

That’s a drag, but you’ll know what to expect next time.My test was stressful too.