So the snow came….
…and by midafternoon was gone. Disappointing and soggy – never a winning combo. But for a while it looked really pretty. As much as the actuality of snow means delays, people being late and wet feet (shudder), I love how snow looks and smells and sounds. That eerie stillness you get when you open the curtains on a midwinter morning and everything has been dusted with soft, powdery, sparkling white. So peaceful and somehow quieter, even in a garden like ours which is serene most of the time.
Another funfilled day of school and stuff. It’s that point in the term where you’re in far enough that you realise you’re in far too deep, and half term’s still weeks away! But heavens be praised it’s exeat on Friday – I have a hot date with a stack of glossies, a manicure set and some DVDs Friday, then on Saturday I’m going to (whisper it) go and do some prep and planning in my classroom. This is mainly because next weekend I’m swanning off to London again, so it’s not like I’m being a total workaholic. Chances of that happening?
And now, to a few (random, as always) late night thoughts. Some of which have mutated into questions in the five minutes since I came up with this post:
1. Isn’t ‘I Am Not Afraid Of You And I Will Beat Your Ass’ a genius album title? I also think ‘Pieces of the People We Love’ is pretty damn cool, as album titles go. I already have a suitably quirky and offbeat title for my (almost surely never to be even begun) solo album (let’s see, can’t play guitar or piano, not in a band, last wrote a fully fledged song four years ago – can we say pipe dream?), so I always appreciate a well turned title. Do you guys have any faves?
2. I really, really want to go on holiday this year, funds allowing. Where should I go? At the moment it’s a direct battle between Spain, Italy, Germany, the US and Canada. Or maybe Ireland. All thoughts welcome.
3. The dating world is confusing me. No, not my place in it (I’m pretty sure I’m exactly where I should be, boo :-(). But rather how things add up. I know loads of great single girls at the moment and there is (terrifyingly literally) no-one for them to date. So they’re all joining match.com, or just feeling utterly bored and bereft. That ain’t right, surely? I’m sure if I was a single guy, it’d be the same thing, opposite genders, but I’m a little worried for my girls.
4. I cannot get into ‘Mr Norrell and Jonathan Strange’. It’s just not happening. This is irking me.
5. I am gradually replacing my old tapes with CDs when I can get them for a freaking steal, so I’m listening to lots of Weezer and the Cardigans and Hole right now. Man, those groups were / are fabulous. I am rediscovering so many tracks that I used to adore. It’s great fun.
6. Making minivideos of things is my new hobby! We recorded stuff in class today then watched it on my big screen – Year 3 are loving being ‘famous’!
And that’s all she wrote this evening….I’m almost averaging a post per day, it must be cold out. Bee, are you impressed?
Bonne nuit, you lovely folk,