After the soul searching and bones baring of yesterday, I now give you….
50 girly questions…
• Do you straighten your hair everyday?
I go through phases, because I’m not anti-curly. At the moment I am straightening every day though, I think it makes my hair look better at the current time.
• Do you worry about the size of your boobs?
Not so much worry as get annoyed by – buying shirts or blouses is a royal pain, and any sort of running is a nightmare (yeah, coaching rounders next term is gonna be a blast!)
• What’s your favorite girly magazine?:
I try not to buy too many, but when I indulge (long journeys, lazy weekends etc.) it’s usually ‘Hello’, ‘Elle’ or ‘Marie Claire’. I also try to get the Hollywood and music editions of ‘Vanity Fair’ each year too. At Emma’s the other day I read ‘Cosmopolitan’ – much better than I remembered. I was a magazine addict as a teen!
• Would you kill for chocolate?
What kind of chocolate? Lol. I have to say this one depends entirely on my mood, my location, my stress levels and (sad but true) the time of the month!
• Jeans or skirts?
Love my jeans, but most days find me skirt clad. This sort of crept up on me.
• Do you wear clothes/shoes/jewelry that are uncomfortable?
Not too often, but sometimes. Certain occasions call for killer heels or a particularly binding dress!
• Did you ever spend all day/night getting pretty for a guy?
Um…no? *crosses fingers* Haha, I’m of the school that thinks the getting ready can be half the fun. There’s something to be said for having a nice bath or shower, then having a glass of wine and popping on some tunes, then hitting the hair and makeup. Sigh. It’s been a while.
• Do you ever cry during a romantic movie?:
All the time. I am a total wuss. I’m off to see the cheesefest that is ‘Music and Lyrics’ in a couple of hours and I’ll probably even cry at that!
• Would you leave the house without makeup on?:
Frequently. I’m more into makeup than I used to be, but oftentimes I just wash and go.
• Do you consider making out “unladylike”?
No! But then again, surely this question depends on who you’re making out with? And where you are? And why you’re making out with them?
• On a scale of 1-10, how fun is shopping?:
Clothes / shoes: 4. Clothes /shoes with the true genii that we call Jean and Mlle Wilson: 8. Book / toiletry / stationery / DVD / music shopping: 9.
• Are you a girly-girl, tomboy, or in the middle?
In the middle somewhere – equally happy halfway up a hill, romping, battling the elements or sat at home reading ‘Elle’, watching ‘The OC’ and doing a manicure.
• Do you think lipgloss is the best?
Am I meant to? I use lipbalm and lipgloss, but it’s just an accessory, not a lifechoice!
• Do you freak out if you miss your favorite show?
Nah, it’ll be repeated or I’ll play catch up. Life’s too short to stress over stuff like that :-).
• Do you obsess over your looks?
• How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?:
Between 20 minutes and two hours! Totally dependent on mood, destination and inclination.
• Do you wear sweatpants/pajama pants to school/work?
Not to school or work, no, but they are bliss for around the house while you’re doing housework, paperwork and phone calls.
• Accessories make the outfit- true or false:
They can, but a truly awesome outfit or piece will speak for itself also.
• Are you a sucker for skater guys?
Back in my youth (circa 17th century) yes, I was. Now, not so much.
• Is pink truly the best color in the entire universe?:
It’s one of them.
“Currently single”, to quote Eb.
• Have you ever dressed unlike yourself to impress a guy?
No. That would not work, surely? Maybe I could have a cunning disguise!!!
• Do you often wish there was something you could change?
Lovely, as is gold, I just like pretty shiny things!
• The guy that you like, what does his name begin with?:
A letter! Oh, I’m feeling revelatory….a consonant!
Seriously, if I was going to tell all, would this really be the forum? 😉
• Do you dress up too much for holidays?
Not really. I dress up a little, but stop well before themed sweater sets and holiday jewellery.
• Do you like wearing dresses?
• Do you write a lot of mushy love poems?:
No. Mainly because it would crack me up to read them back. I do like some love poems though ~ my current favourite (and a bit of a perennial favourite of mine) is ‘Where We Belong, A Duet’ by Maya Angelou. Gorgeous.
• On a scale of 1-10, how much do guys confuse you?
Somewhere between 1 and 10, dependent on which guy we’re talking about and my relation to him. A good mate like Hoti I can fathom out most of the time….with a boy I like I am all at sixes and sevens throughout!
• Do you worry/fuss about your weight?
Who doesn’t? But I know it’s a work in progress, and the last year or so has taught me so much about how I got to be this size and how I can get the shape I want – five more pounds and I’m halfway to my goal weight! I know, how sad to get excited, but I’ll take motivation where I can find it!
• What makeup could you NOT live without?
I think I could live without any of it…I’d miss it, but it’s not an essential.
There, was that vapid enough? Hee. Have a great day everybody!