Before I roll out the post I dutifully did at 6 a.m., a comedy anecdote for you all…
Teaching my gang a ceilidh-folk type dance, guess who, while dancing, went one way, but her trousers didn’t quite follow and therefore tore? Guess who also didn’t notice this? And had to be told by a precocious (and fairly brave, I think) eight-year-old…..”Miss? Your trousers have gone wrong.”
I love my life! 🙂
Here are some questions for the people who are a little more mature, stolen from about twenty of my fellow bloggers!
1. What bill do you hate paying the most?
My loan payment – I appreciate that I had to pay to get qualified and be where I am now…but sometimes the payments suck.
2. Where’s the best place to eat a romantic dinner?
Anywhere where you’re with the right person! I’d probably go for at home, where you can relax, or at a nice little cheap and cheerful hole in the wall.
3. Last time you puked from drinking?
Too long ago to remember! High five! Haha, it’s actually only happened twice, back in my mispent youth – once due to punch, the other time was the first time I met Senor Cuervo!
4. When is the last time you got drunk and danced on a bar?
Never danced on the bar. Podium / stage? A few years back.
5. What is the name of your 2nd grade teacher?
Can’t remember the one at Applegrove, at Hayfield Lane it was the true horror of Mrs Gofton. Wow, was she ever a bad teacher.
6. What do you really want to be doing right now?
Still sleeping? Nah, I’m actually good with where I am right now – cosy, having a coffee, easing into the day.
7. What did you want to be when you were growing up?
Writer / singer / teacher / DJ / diplomat / mum / shop owner / actress / journalist / John Craven on Newsround. I’m thinking of working through them all!
8. How many colleges did you attend?
2 – Aberdeen for undergrad, Durham for post-.
9. Why did you wear the shirt that you have on right now?
Because it’s warm and comfy – it’s an old one I threw on over my PJs.
10. GAS PRICES First thought?
Isn’t it crazy that we’re not putting more money into alternatives?
11. If you could be anywhere and take someone with you…Who WOULD IT BE?
I’d fly to Canada next week, and take the Gilesgaters, Hannabanana, Hoti and Emma with me.
12. First thought when the alarm went off this morning?
“5.30? What? OK, I’ll lie in till 6. My god, I just referred to six as a lie-in. Scary.”
13. Last thought before going to sleep last night?
Probably something inane about parents’ evening.
14- What chore do you despise?
Hoovering. Most of the time. I think it’s mainly cos our hoover sucks. Or actually, when I think about it, it’s precisely because our hoover doesn’t suck.
15. If you didn’t have to work, would you volunteer at an art gallery?
Nope. Somewhere else, yep, but not a gallery.
16. Get up early or sleep in?
Sleep in… sleep in as late as possible without mashing up the day.
17. Who is your favorite cartoon character?
20. Favorite NON sexual thing to do at night with a girl/guy?
Just hang out, watching movies and listening to music, chatting and relaxing.
21. A secret that you wouldn’t mind everyone knowing?
If I told you, it wouldnt be a secret.
22. Are you planning on remaining in your current field?
I could and might (I love it and I’m (allegedly!) good at it), but I am definitely tempted to go and try on some different careers in the next few years…. But I imagine I’ll come back to teaching and / or always be involved with working with or for kids in some way, shape, or form.
23. If you are not married, do you see yourself married in the next five years?
That would be great. So, yes please.
24. Your favorite lunch meat?
Anything identifiable – years of mystery meat have terrified me into a knowledge of what I’m eating frenzy!
25. What do you get every time you go into a Wal-Mart?
Something that I didn’t need but that was a freaking steal.
26. Beach or lake?
Beach, beach, beach. Or lake. I just love the water (and yet am living in one of the most inland places in the entire U.K.. Seriously, how did I get here?).
27. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual that was invented by people who died at 20?
No. I think it’s lovely, but not for everyone. Trust me, if I find the person I’m meant to marry, I’m going to be doing the vows and commitment thing, stat. The whole spending twenty thousand pounds on a wedding, however, I will not be doing!
28. Who do you stalk on MySpace?
Heh, no-one. I don’t have the time to commit to stalking!
29. Favorite guilty pleasure?
It’s going to have to go plural – napping, long baths, cheesey eighties and nineties pop, a good swear when I’m annoyed, pasta, cheese and red wine.
30. Favorite movie you wouldn’t want anyone to find out about?
I own far too many teen-demographic movies to get into this. I think the fact that I can pretty much quote ‘Mean Girls’, ‘Clueless’ and ‘Bring It On’ verbatim says a lot.
31. What’s “your” drink?
Anything / everything depending where I am. Mainly water though!
32. Cowboys or Indians?
The woman who owns the saloon.
33. Cops or Robbers?
The police reporter (I like a defined character).
34. Do you cheer for the bad guy?
Depends why, exactly, he’s bad.
35. What hollywood star do you look most alike?
Al Pacino. Heh. In all seriousness, I don’t know. Answers on a postcard please!
36. If you had to pick one, which cast member of Lost would you be?
I don’t watch Lost. Could we do this about Grey’s or House or Ugly Betty, please?
37. What do you want when you are sick?
Someone to take care of me, and snuggle with me. Haha ~ totally with Jana on this one!
38. Who from high school would you like to run into?
Most of the cool folk I do run into / see occasionally. Lucky me, huh?
39. What radio station is your car radio tuned to right now?
No car – classroom is tuned to Classic fm, home to Radio 2.
42. Norm or Cliff? (Cheers)
Both, for a drunken night out and playing of darts.
43. The Cosby Show or the Simpsons?
Simpsons, although I do love Cosby sweaters.
44. Worst relationship mistake that you wish you could take back?
Not a thing. The mistakes show you what you need to avoid / improve / seek / change. Wow, when did I turn into a grown up?
45. Do you like the person who sits directly across from you at work?
That would be my class…..yeah, I love them to pieces.
46. If you could get away with it, whom would you kill?
No one. I would never want that on my conscience.
47. What famous person would you like to have dinner with?
Right now, Hillary Rodham Clinton. So many questions.
48. Have you ever had to use a fire extinguisher for its intended purpose?
No, touch wood.
49. Last book you read for real?
A funny book called ‘I Hate Other Peoples Kids’. Now onto a slab of chicklit, always good for late night reading!
50. Do you have a teddy bear?
Yes. And thanks for reminding me – I need to take him into school today (we’re having a teddy bears picnic this week :-)).
51. Strangest place you have ever brushed your teeth?
In a valley in Wales, looking out and up to Snowdonia. I do freak out my kids by brushing my teeth in my classroom (by the sink, never fear) each early avo break too…..I’m all about the dental hygiene.
52. Somewhere in California you’ve never been and would like to go?
The Golden Gate bridge.
53. Number of texts in a day?
Between none and twenty ~ totally varies, but probably averages somewhere in the two to five zone.
54. At this point in your life would you rather start a new career or relationship?
Relationship. Ask me again after Parents’ Evening, however!
55. Pencil or pen?
Pen. Most of the time.
56. bueller??? bueller??? bueller???
“Ferris Bueller, you’re my hero”
57. How many jobs have you had?
9? I think? If we count them all from the very start.
58. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Oh man, I’m trying to figure it out. Ideally I’d be happy, fairly settled, fulfilled, married to whoever I’m meant to be married to and working on having a brood of kids. To quote ‘Love Actually’, in ten years I’d like to be having lots of sex and babies. Oh, and naps, of course.
And on that hopeful note, it’s time to jump. Parents’ Evening tonight – wish me luck!
Have a great day!