Something’s got to give?

Hmmm, I don’t like when these moods hit me. But I have come through much of the awful, horrid, disgusting, fetid month that is February (I am NOT a fan) without a major meltdown or mishap, but now I am definitely getting the sense that something is up. What, I could not tell you. And therein lies the rub.

I feel like H, one of my tutees. Earlier she told me she was sad. OK, so being the mumsy person I am, I of course enquire why. Her reply? “I don’t know, I just know I don’t feel right. It’s like there’s something wrong in my tummy and I don’t feel good and I want to be away.” Man, I know how she feels. H I managed to sort with a hug and some quality time ~ I don’t know what is going to work for me.

I’m eating way too much (I’m a comfort eater, what can I say? I never go overboard – well, not anymore – but it’s a crutch I return to). I’m very tired and all too happy to slouch in front of the TV. I overslept by two hours and was late to school yesterday. My head hurts. I’m teary and more than a little blue. I’ve got three spots ~ and usually my complection kicks ass. I’m just a little lacklustre, I guess.

I’m trying all the usual tricks. Plenty of fresh air. Good food. Good quality sleep (but not too much of it). Sending out as much positive energy as I can. Thinking good thoughts, doing good things. Working hard. Concentrating on the good. Trying hard. Counting blessings. Writing letters and making calls and helping, helping, helping wherever I can.

I just hope I can lift this Eeyore of a mood.

I know how lucky and blessed I am. I know how bad things can be. But please, indulge me a little, just for today. I just want a coffee and a hug and a little kindness.

Love you guys,

1. Knit Kimber Knit
    28th February 2007 / 4:16 pm

Hye hunny!!! I am in the same exact boat as yu and as Holly! I have been all upset lately with a tummy hurting, eating all kinds of nonsense and feeling so utterly blue. I hope you feel better soon, remember springtime is right around the corner!!Love ya!Kimber

2. whatigotsofar
    28th February 2007 / 6:13 pm

There’s a lot of that going around. Kinda like that syph outbreak of ’04…hehehe…Cheer up. Spring’s a comin’. The flowers will be abloomin’ and the birds are gonna be achirpin’ and all that fruity, hippy stuff.

28th February 2007 / 7:35 pm

Can’t provide coffee or a hug, but kindness is in order. This phase happens to many i know, but take comfort that it is only a phase.

4. jpi
    28th February 2007 / 9:01 pm

I think this is definitely a February thing – I feel exactly the same. It’s all I can do to drag myself out of bed in the morning at the moment. But you know what? It’s March tomorrow! Hurrah and indeed huzzah!

5. Hulles
    28th February 2007 / 9:04 pm

Claire, I love you lots and am sending the biggest hugs that I can. Even (mostly) chaste kisses! I hope you feel better soon. I’ll stop by with more hugs later.XO.

6. Scott
    1st March 2007 / 3:43 am

Good to see you! Take care of yourself… i think it is just the time of year… the sun will be out more soon and life can only get better.Scott

7. angel, jr.
    1st March 2007 / 4:00 am

Yeah, I hope you shake the Eyore mood and become your usual Tigger!!

8. Mattbear
    1st March 2007 / 5:51 am

I’ve never been able to understand Seasonal Affective Disorder, as I’m at my happiest when I never see the sun, but you almost sound like a textbook case of it. No matter what it is, I hope things start looking up for you ASAP.

9. cK
    1st March 2007 / 4:23 pm

Oy. Not good, no, but these times strike and must be sat through.Read poems aloud in foreign accents.If you’re going to watch telelvision, make sure you stay active during it: stretch, re-organize a closet, that sort of thing. Make sure the dishes are done at the end of everyday and the bed is made at the start (so you do not return to visual clutter). Write cryptic postcards to people with references to fictional characters and events you will not explain. Sign with a pseudonym like Sergei Purgativ.And never forget the good things that are always around you even in these spells when you don’t feel them so sharply. They will return.Happy days,-cK

10. Photogirl
    1st March 2007 / 5:38 pm

Hi Claire,Moods are a funny thing. We (unfortunately) can’t always control them. Sometimes when we get a little sad and can’t kick it, we need to just ride it out. Nothing wrong with chilling out in front of the tv and eating food that makes you happy! These things have a tendency to work themselves out. Chin up girl! I’m sure you’ll be better in no time!! 🙂

11. Hulles
    1st March 2007 / 7:52 pm

Here are the “more hugs.” Doing better? I hope so.

12. Los
    2nd March 2007 / 12:36 am

Hang in there, Claire – you probably need more sunlight … it’s the dark days of winter, ya know.

13. bee
    3rd March 2007 / 7:34 pm

sweetie,sorry i’m a bit late on this…i know you’re already feeling better. i just wanted to say that taking extra good care of yourself, and splurging if you can….that will make you feel good. i know exactly how you feel and if you need to vent, please think of me.