Feeling more like…me

Aloha, beautiful people. Thanks for all the internet / bloggy love over the last post ~ I hate feeling blue, but I think I’m striding out of it now. I think sometimes you just have to go with the lows and ride it out, but they clash pretty majorly with my usual modus operandi (chirpy, smiley, warm, sunny-natured)!

Lots of good things helped me to lift my mood….the boys coming to find me to tell me they’d found two frogs ‘piggybacking’ (hee. Everything’s a learning opportunity, right?)…a new phone to arrive next week, and a new package for more chat (I’ve been rationing my calls recently, and I love to chat!)…my Tilly and the Wall tickets arriving and the promise of a weekend with Jeeeeeeaaaan!…a bunch of texts and emails from folk who make me smile…a VISA bill arriving where I actually saw my budgeting startng to kick in… dropping three pounds (finally, the healthkick restarts!)…one of the Year 7s choosing me as a ‘role model’ because I’m “cool, and just unafraid to be yourself” (mouth of babes?)…the fact I get to go back home in a month (I swear, Scotland revives my soul!)…Brett ‘picking on me’ and getting me to do even more stuff with the youth at church…and the mornings beginning to lighten.

It’s all good, right?

I hope the weekend proves to be fabulous and replenishing in equal measure…I’m off to get ready for our teddy bears picnic!!!

Love ya,

1. whatigotsofar
    2nd March 2007 / 12:03 pm

Good to hear.

2. Lamont
    2nd March 2007 / 2:34 pm

Glad you are feeling better. It must have been the week – we’ve been fighting the flu all week at our house. But now we’re on the mend too!Tara

3. Lamont
    2nd March 2007 / 2:35 pm

It must be this week in particular. We all had the flu at my house, but now we’re on the mend. Glad you are feeling better!Tara

4. angel, jr.
    2nd March 2007 / 4:04 pm

A teddy bears picnic? Fun. I use to have a teddy bear named Winthrop. One of my favorite bears and now I have no idea what happened to him. I think puberty happened to me and so he got hidden and eventually lost.

5. cK
    2nd March 2007 / 6:30 pm

Woo Woo! Happy days to you, friend. Please say hello to Scotland for all of us who have yet to set foot there (though my brother did live in Aberdeen for six months, so I can vicariously remember my days there…or something like that).-cK

6. Cheryl
    2nd March 2007 / 7:35 pm

Very good to hear. You’re right, we need to ride those bad times back into the sunshine. They’re ok to have once in a while. Congrats on the many happy things.

7. Photogirl
    2nd March 2007 / 7:39 pm

wow! all kinds of good and fun things to cheer you up πŸ™‚

2nd March 2007 / 8:20 pm

You’re now a role model. Ready for the responsibility?

9. Reverend Sumangali Tania Pink
    3rd March 2007 / 10:25 am

Yay! Keep focussing on the positive. Once you’re in the + zone its easier to stay there!xxPinks

10. Shaz
    3rd March 2007 / 11:01 am

Glad ur feeling better sweet !!!

11. Ashley
    3rd March 2007 / 3:03 pm

happy to hear you’re happy again :)boys in general always seem to lighten my mood. πŸ˜‰

12. bee
    3rd March 2007 / 7:40 pm

you and jockey…..could you email me that picture? cuteeeeeeee!

13. Los
    4th March 2007 / 4:34 pm

Hopefully, the weekend continued that positive swing, Claire. Unfortunately, it went by far too fast (at least for me).

14. Britmum
    4th March 2007 / 11:07 pm

Awww Clare I hope you do have a fab weekend.Take care sweetie xx

15. Drywall Mom
    7th March 2007 / 1:07 am

Saw your blog off of Angle Jr.’s. Nice page. I’m glad you had a lot of fun on your weekend from posts further up. As fore the Teddy bear, I still have mine from when I was a baby and it’s in about the same condition but it’s pink and missing an eye and some of the stuffing has come out of it. I commend you on taking better care of yours. Drywall Mom