Mwahahahahahaha

Oh my gosh. How pathetic was yesterday’s post? Talk about your cases of sorry-itis! Just a clearcut case of a Claire who was feeling tired and hungry and overworked and having a wee bit of a whinge, I’m afraid. I’m such a wuss.

And of course, as soon as I did get home, and grabbed a shower and made myself the regal supper that is cheese on toast (oh my. Soooooo good) and watched Ugly Betty I thought of oodles and bunches of stuff to be grateful for.

Like the fact that my kids have all settled back in really well after Easter – my tutees this year are such a lovely bunch and they are genuinely wonderful kids.

Like the fact that this time in six months I’ll be in Canada. And I’m going to see Brian Wilson in September. And Caro is over to visit in August. And next month I’m treating myself to something very fun (more on that soon).

Like the fact that I’m happy and healthy and loved and I have eleventy million blessings to count everyday. Not to mention a passle of buddies who forgive me my occasional moments of Eeyoreish behaviour.

I’m a lucky, lucky girl.

And I love when I remember to remember that!

Hugs to all, and yay to tomorrow being Friday!

PS I love this Audrey Hepburn quote: β€œI was born with an enormous need for affection, and a terrible need to give it.” That’s so so me, it’s actually disquieting. And this other quote from the great lady: β€œFor beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.”? Is officially my new mantra…

1. Amber
    26th April 2007 / 5:04 pm

“Eeyoreish, such a wonderful word!Glad you’re feeling better.

26th April 2007 / 6:07 pm

I read that first line quickly and it looked as though it said “sorry tits” dear lord……haha, i’m silly. Where in Canada will you be going? If you’re around my way I can show you the sites for a day though I realize Canada is rather large and you may not be anywhere by me. I love that 1st Hepburn quote πŸ™‚

26th April 2007 / 7:32 pm

Cheese on toast is a meal fit for an imperial army. I believe the Roman legions ate that as they were conquoring the western world.

4. Marissa
    26th April 2007 / 9:16 pm

what a great post–it reminds me to be grateful and thankful for everything in my life. i’m truly bless too. and that quote, wow, it completely describes me too!

5. Jay
    27th April 2007 / 3:13 am

Good for you! Happy attitudes make the world go wrong.

6. Scott
    27th April 2007 / 3:35 am

Canada rocks yo!!And Brian Wilson… that is wicked.D

27th April 2007 / 4:20 am

Where in Canada are you going to be??? Toronto by any chance???

8. Princess Extraordinaire
    27th April 2007 / 12:01 pm

Isn’t hat quote wonderful? I love Hepburn..

9. Oh great One
    27th April 2007 / 6:37 pm

What a terrific way to raise your spirits! Good for you!

10. Claire
    28th April 2007 / 10:10 am

Amber – thanks, hon!Miss Ash & Christielli – I’ll be in Toronto and Montreal, I think – where are you based? Ooooh, get-together potential!Wiwille – I’m currently so flat out here that cheese on toast is fast becoming my meal of choice. Mmmm, cheese on toast and a glass of red!Marissa & Jay & Princess E & the Great One- πŸ™‚ Yay happiness!Scott – I know. He is the man, I am getting far too excited about the whole thing now. And also, Canada!Eeeee!Cxx

11. Crystal
    30th April 2007 / 9:01 am

MmmMMM I love cheese toast!

12. daisies
    30th April 2007 / 4:54 pm

i love montreal :)you are going to have such fun !! wish you were coming further west, lol ..