It’s 10 pm, I’ve just watched ‘House’ (great episode. Hugh Laurie is a genius! And Robert Sean Leonard? Is still fiiiiiine), and after tomorrow’s classes I’m all set for a three-and-a-half-day weekend. Yes! Inky sent this quiz round…what better way to chill out before schlafen?
1. Does anyone know your password to your MySpace besides yourself?
Nope. That would be silly. I’m sure that a few people have tried to hack into it before though!
2. What was the last thing you ordered at McDonalds?
It’s been well over a year, maybe two…maybe fries and a Diet Coke? Or a Happy Meal? The toys are such an incentive!
3. Are you an emotional person?
I can be. I can definitely embrace the highs and lows…but when I’m really, truly miserable or happy, it’s actually harder to place. The scale tends to be a lost CD = a little drama, should the mood take me; real, horrible heartbreak = barely a ripple on the surface of my life. But those rules don’t even work all the time. Haha, I’m just making stuff up now!
4. Do you like your middle name?
It’s fine. I like the spelling.
5. Do you believe in love at first sight?
I think it’s more likely to be lust at first sight, don’t you? But love at first sight? I honestly don’t know. It would be nice if it did exist though.
6. Does the person you like, know that you like them?
I really honestly….have no clue. I kind of want them to….and kind of dread nothing more… Hehe. I’m so working a teenage mindset on this one :-). I guess what I’m saying is, who knows?
7. What was the last thing you did?
Reread my last answer, mocked myself, had a sip of hot chocolate.
9. Who was the last person you ate with?
The seventeen little darlings on my lunch table. Mmmmm, “relaxed”.
10. What song are you listening to right now?
‘Let There Be Love’ by Oasis. My gosh, I love shuffle function. You never know what might crop up!
11. How’s the weather right now?
It’s dark, so I can’t really tell. But judging by the last few weeks it’s probably cool and arid, with a little variegated high cloud cover.
12. Last person who called you?
The lady I’m babysitting for on Saturday.
13. Last lie you told?
I told one of my Year 3s I was an Oil of Olay spokesmodel in South Korea. Long playtime duty, longer story! I got him good!
14. Last song you sang?
Very cheesily (I blame this on the fact that my shower radio – the infamous Mr Penguin- only picks up various tinpot local radio stations) it was the ‘Candlelight Remix’ of DJ Sammy’s “Heaven”. Singing in the shower = one of my drugs of choice!
15. Do you love anyone?
My family and friends, without a doubt.
16. Lost a friendship over something stupid?
17. Last thing you drank?
18. Last thing you ate?
Homemade choc chip muffin.
19. Where do you wish you were?
I’m tucked up in bed with a holiday weekend brewing…I’m good just where I am!
20. Faked being sick to miss school?
Please don’t tell my pupils, but back in the day, when I wore the uniform…yes.
21. What time did you wake up today?
I was and am *so* jealous of Inky’s answer: woke up at 9am and then when back to sleep until 11am. I got up at 6.15 and lay in till 6.30. Woo!
22. Last person you talked to in person?
23. last person who made you laugh?
Fiona, as we compared notes on our duties this evening!
24. What are you wearing right now?
The world’s least sexy pyjamas. I’m sure they are having a negative effect on my bed karma…they are just too frumpy and comfy and amazing to be serious.
25. What’s the first thing you notice about the opposite sex?
An internal monologue for you all, entitled ‘Claire’s first reaction to a new boy’: “Oh, my gosh, a boy. Oh my, he’s funny. And he…knows stuff. And he has kind eyes! Nice smile and decent teeth! And he’s tall! Wait…he likes music and is cleverer than me? Sold!”
27. Where are you right now?
My bedroom in the very bosom of Middle England.
28. What day and date is it?
Thursday 3rd May
29. Did you go anywhere today?
Work, my other home :-).
30. What did you do there?
Taught, met, marked, made not one but two rather fabby powerpoints (I’ve decided I want to get good at using them), drank coffee, contemplated displays…
31. What else are you doing today?
Going to bed – it seems myspace quizzes are quite the sleeping aid round here!
32. Are you watching TV?
33. Are you mature or immature?
A random mishmash of both. I think I’m more or less where I should be – some days I’m astounded by my grownup-ness (paying bills! Teaching! Filing stuff! Voting!) at others by my very childlike approach to things (raspberry contests! Toast convos with the Year 8s! Ben and Miss T’s bad dance offs! Teaching my class ghetto speak!(they give great Ricki Lake-esque attitude for a bunch of upper-class kids :-))).
34. Who are you closer to, your mum or your dad?
Mum! Dad’s great, but we’re really different for the most part.
36. What school(s) did you go to?
Applegrove, Hayfield Lane, St Clement’s, Barnes Wallis, Cheshire, Griffon, RAAS, Forres Academy….I am jealous of Inky’s two school answer.
37. What’s the most annoying thing people say to you?
I spend my life with pre-teens. I’ll give them one thing…the range of annoying questions is always wide!
38. Do you like music?
Love it. One of the most, if not the most, important thing in my life.
39. Do you want to get married?
To the right person? Sure, why not?
41. Where did you go on vacation last summer?
Forres! Ahahahahahaha. Love it :-).
42. Would you bungee jump?
No. I can injure myself on a kerb, so a giant rubber band is just going too far, methinks.
43. Do you like rollercoasters?
44. Is there anything you wish for every summer?
No, but now you’ve brought it up, how about a large inherited disposable income?
45. Do you use chopsticks?
46. What’s your favorite meal of the day?
I like meals….I’ve been pretty rushed recently and have been grazing a lot…I’m looking forward to getting back into a two-to-three meals a day routine soon!
47. Thinking of someone right now?
Not really…am sleepy and ready to doze off soon….
48. Concerned about life right now?
A little. No more so than usual!
49. Have you ever tripped going up the stairs?
So very many times!
50. What are you looking forward to this spring?
Next spring? I’d love to at least know what the next step was!
Bonne nuit, tout le monde!
(Or as it’s now Friday lunchtime….have a great weekend!)
(and as it’s now Friday afternoon (I’ve been busy!) – hurrah for three day weekends!)