I’m early for something…are you impressed? Well that was the year that was…
1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?
Let’s see…I passed my driving test! And I went to Canada! And I survived a could-have-been-nasty road collision! And I enrolled as a Joinee! And I worked at a finishing school!
2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions and will you make more for next year?
Well this year I started my infamous list…and now I’m continuing to work on it, so yes, I guess. Update on the list soon, btw.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Kathryn dropped her number 2 (hello, gorgeous Xander! See you on Saturday!), as did Erin (hello. lovely Zach! See you soon too!), and the magnificent Tracey and Andrew greeted the cutie pie that is Isobel (who I made cry on Saturday, tsk, tsk). There were new babies at church too, but this trio were my special ones. My life gets more and more babytcular as the years go by!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank heavens.
5. What countries did you visit?
England, Scotland, Wales, Canada. Gosh, I love Canada.
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
More kisses, please. Seriously.
7. What date from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The weekend that was 30.6.07/1.7.07 – survive horrible accident on the Saturday….pass driving test the morning after. High five!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
It has to be the driving test (again) – what can I say, I’m quite proud of that one!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not too sure. There were no doubt myriad failings along the way, but none I’ll dwell on. Oh, hang on, I know now – missing the Biffy Clyro gig (for very noble reasons!) where U2 made a cameo! D’oh!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Magnificent bruises from the crash – they didn’t go down till early August, and I still get twinges from time to time.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
That would have to be my gorgeous JessiKa…followed by my plane tickets to Canada…followed by my copy of ‘Join Me’.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
That would be my lovely friends and pupils, as always.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
The two people I ejected from my life in August. Ta-ra boys! And the behaviour of some so-called friends at church way back at the start of the year was more than a little shocking.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Rent and bills and fun and stuff. The usual!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Canada! Babies! Driving! Lists! Exclamation points!
16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
Umbrella (ella, ella) by Rihanna (whether I like it or not! This song just took over this year)
Folding Stars by Biffy Clyro (just stunning, and reminds of driving around in the sunshine, blaring this as loud as poss)
The Great Escape by Patrick Watson (heartrending)
Sweet Escape by Gwen Stefani (poptacular!)
Heartless by Frank Turner (best swearalong song ever, I think!)
And lots of Beach Boys and Brian Wilson stuff. And Fergie’s ‘Glamorous’ (aka ‘Dangerous’ for a Wales based in-joke). And ‘She’s So Lovely’ (because you CANNOT escape that blimmin’ song). And ‘Such Great Heights’ (I was late to the Postal Service party, but boy am I glad I made it!).
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: Happier or sadder? Thinner or fatter? Richer or poorer?
A little happier, about the same size, and a teeny bit richer, I guess. Getting there slowly but steadily, I like to think.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Hanging out with my friends. I’ve done a lot of it, but there’s always room for more! Oh, and kissing! There’s always room for more of that, too!
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worrying and worrying!
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I will be making to pilgrimage north to Forres to chill with the family, drink in the Beastie and the Brookie, watch far too much bad TV and eat my own body weight in junk food. It’s traditional!
21. Did you fall in love in 2007?
Not yet. I have had a couple of crushes though, and spent a good few months hung up on a certain someone. But that was way back now, so I’m ready to fall once more. Bring it!
23. How many one-night stands?
I would say no comment, but that means yes, so I’ll just out and say no.
24. What was your favourite TV program?
I go through phases of watching loads of telly, and times when I watch none…when I do I watch I like ‘Ugly Betty’, ‘Scrubs’, ‘Spooks’, ‘Strictly Come Dancing’, ‘Skins’, ‘Doctor Who’, ‘The Mighty Boosh’, ‘Never Mind The Buzzcocks’ and ‘House’.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don’t believe in hate.
26. What was the best book you read? I’ve read some awesome books – Join Me converted me, Under The Banner of Heaven astounded me, Love Is A Mixtape moved me…it’s been a good year for reading!
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
There are so many! I’ve had a great old time, musically…only one request – more gig-going next year!
28. What did you want and get?
A car, and the ability to drive it!
29. What did you want and not get?
Sigh… I’m still waiting on the universe for this one!
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
Probably the two featuring the delightful Mr Pegg – I’m all about Hot Fuzz and Run Fatboy Run!
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
27. And I hosted a Christmas drinks thing for a dozen of the ladies from school. Fun – and I’m still finishing the leftovers a week or so on!
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
It’s been satisfying, but there are a few things I’d like more of next year, God willing. And less of, now I think of it!
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
Just me, really.
34. What kept you sane?
My gorgeous friends!
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
George Clooney, David Tennant, and Dave Grohl.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
War (what is it good for?), human rights and global climate change.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
There are so many…the Joinees, the Forres contingent, my Canadian buddies. I am truly a blessed young lady.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.
Um, just to enjoy the ride and be grateful for what I have, I guess.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Pick any song that reflects on the awesomeness of friends, the bittersweetness of unrequited love, or the strange twists and turns of life, and you’ve more or less got my year!
Thoughts? Comments? Stealage?
PS 5 days until Christmas!