It’s a little after midnight on New Year’s Day (Happy New Year, everyone! I hope your 2008 is suitably fabulous!). I feel like I’ve barely been still for about a week and a half, but finally, I’ve stopped….phew! It has been lovely, but I’m hoping that a slightly more chilled pace might take hold for the next few weeks (working ones socks off tends to help with that!). If only to gain time to read, do laundry and tidy up my flat!
But for now….a cup of tea and a blog post… This one’s snaffled from the lovely Tristan, and looks forward to the year to come.
1. Will you be looking for a new job?
Um…maybe. If you’d asked me a few months ago, I’d probably have said yes, but now I’m not so sure. I do love what I do, but there are things I have to change if I want to stay here… Is that vague enough?
2. Will you be looking for a new relationship?
Heck to the yes! Well, not so much looking, because that would imply having a clue about such things…but I’d love to find a boy to have adventures with.
3. Will you be looking for sex?
Hahaha, see above.
4. What will you do different in ’08?
Writing the date?
5. New Years Resolution?
I’ll just keep working at my list, ta (update soon), and keep attacking my sponsored weightloss (do feel free to join that party, by the way – it’s all for the kids!).
6. What will you not be doing in ’08?
Er…smoking? I never have, so surely it would be a weird thing to start doing?
7. Any trips planned?
Oooooh, yes please! Hannah and I are doing Madrid in Feb, I’d like to hit various Join Meets (Loverpool, FabFeb and Chester, I am looking at you in particular!), a couple of trips back home, a few trips hither and thither, and maybe, just maybe (funds permitting) a flight to Indiana to see Caroline and Jeremy make it official!
8. Wedding plans?
Dude…that would require a heckish amount of organisation, given my current single status.
9. Major thing on your calendar?
Ooooh, allsorts. I love a good calendar!
10. What can’t you wait for?
Fun and frolics and (heavens allowing) some good old fashioned pashing. I’m going to blame my use of the word pashing on the Summer Heights High session yesterday!
11. What would you like to see happen different?
Stuff and things, I guess.
12. What about yourself will you be changing?
Size, I hope….
13. What happened in ‘07 that you didn’t think would happen?
I passed my driving test… I got hit by a car… I went on holiday on my own (proper own, as well)…and I took more chances. Long may that last one continue!
14. Will you be nicer to the people you care about?
I think I’m doing OK in that respect…and I intend to stay as lovely as possible when it comes to my gang!
15. Will you dress differently in ’08 than you did in ’07?
No doubt. I do like shopping for new spangles.
16. Will you start or quit drinking?
Why isn’t there an option just to keep drinking?
17. Will you better your relationship with your family?
We’re cool, ta.
18. Will you do Volunteer work?
I’m going to do stuff for charity, but volunteering doesn’t mesh with my schedule at the current time – crazy timetabling! I might try and do a couple of weeks over the summer though.
19. Will you be nice to people you don’t know?
Yes, I always try to be!
20. Do you expect ’08 to be a good year for you?
I hope so.
21. How much did you change from this time last year til now?
Quite a bit, in hindsight. The essentials didn’t change, but other stuff did.
22. Do you plan on having a child?
No, inasmuch as you can plan the things of fate and destiny. So, no then (apologies, it’s late!).
23. Will you still be friends with the same people you are friends with now?
I hope so. My friends are pretty damn awesome. I’ve also met some amazing people over the last 12 months, and I hope I continue to get to know them better.
24. Major lifestyle changes?
Not really – I’d like to sleep more, if at all poss, and read more, but I wouldn’t chuck either of those under the ‘major’ heading!
25. Will you be moving?
If number 1 does mean change, yes. If not, it’ll be year 4 chez Janet and Bob.
26. What will you make sure doesn’t happen in 08 that happened in 07?
Nothing within my control!
27. What are your New Years Eve plans?
I went to a Jixie party, and had a simply lovely time. Many thanks once again, you lovely couple of stunners!
28. Will you have someone to kiss at midnight?
No, I did not…but I did have good company, champagne, hugs, and a lovely sense of hope and goodness and fun and expectation for the year to come. I then had a giant hand to sit in. What more could I ask?
I hope your 2008 is blessed, wonderful and joyous, lovely folk.
With all my love,