I am always singing. Or humming. Or clapping. Or dancing. I tend to be surrounded by music most of the time, and even when I’m not, there tend to be songs stuck in my head (i.e. on my head radio). So here, ladies and germs, are the ten songs currently rocking my head radio:
1) Gone – Ben Folds[Sample lyric: “I thought I’d write, I thought I’d let you know, After years since you’ve been gone I’ve finally let you go.”]
2) The First Day of My Life – Bright Eyes[“I mean maybe this time it’s different, I mean I really think you like me”]
This song makes me sigh. And want to hug someone. It’s just deliciously sweet and wholehearted.
3) As Long As You’re Mine – from Wicked[“Kiss me too fiercely, hold me too tight…I need help believing, you’re with me tonight”]
I’ve been learning a lot of the songs from ‘Wicked’, and this one has a habit of getting totally stuck in my head. It’s also great fun to swoop around an empty classroom on a wheelie chair too. Not, ahem, that I’ve done that, of course 😉
4) Before He Cheats – Carrie Underwood[“I dug my keys into the side of his pretty little souped up four wheel drive.” Heh.]
This song is so country it hurts. But it totally gets stuck in my head!
5) Rollover (Let It Go) – Charlotte Hatherley[“You are so very far away, so when a memory escapes, I roll over, and let it go”]
6) All I Got – Newton Faulkner[“Cos everywhere I look, everything is looking so good, and everyone is you”]
This song totally makes me smile. I’m not entirely sure why, but its just so hopeful and sweet and romantic…
7) I Close My Eyes And Count To Ten – Dusty Springfield[“I close my eyes, and count to ten, and when I open them, you’re still here, I close my eyes, and count again, I can’t believe it but you’re still here”]
I just discovered this song the other day and it’s brill. I’m learning it slowly but surely, and therefore it really gets stuck on the head radio.
8) Sea of Love – Cat Power[“Come with me, my love, to the sea, the sea of love…”]
Just beautiful, this song. And fun to hum.
9) Everywhere – Fleetwood Mac[“And IiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiI, I wanna be with you everywhere]
This is such a cheesey song, and it totally makes me have a silent disco moment too.
10) Flowers In The Window – Travis[“Oh wow, look at you now, flowers in the window, such a lovely day, and I’m glad you feel the same”]
So, to sum up, my head radio is currently a little bit cheesey, a little bit romantic, and a little bit random.
What’s playing on your head radio?