Head Radio

I am always singing. Or humming. Or clapping. Or dancing. I tend to be surrounded by music most of the time, and even when I’m not, there tend to be songs stuck in my head (i.e. on my head radio). So here, ladies and germs, are the ten songs currently rocking my head radio:

1) Gone – Ben Folds

[Sample lyric: “I thought I’d write, I thought I’d let you know, After years since you’ve been gone I’ve finally let you go.”]

2) The First Day of My Life – Bright Eyes

[“I mean maybe this time it’s different, I mean I really think you like me”]

This song makes me sigh. And want to hug someone. It’s just deliciously sweet and wholehearted.

3) As Long As You’re Mine – from Wicked

[“Kiss me too fiercely, hold me too tight…I need help believing, you’re with me tonight”]

I’ve been learning a lot of the songs from ‘Wicked’, and this one has a habit of getting totally stuck in my head. It’s also great fun to swoop around an empty classroom on a wheelie chair too. Not, ahem, that I’ve done that, of course 😉

4) Before He Cheats – Carrie Underwood

[“I dug my keys into the side of his pretty little souped up four wheel drive.” Heh.]

This song is so country it hurts. But it totally gets stuck in my head!

5) Rollover (Let It Go) – Charlotte Hatherley

[“You are so very far away, so when a memory escapes, I roll over, and let it go”]

6) All I Got – Newton Faulkner

[“Cos everywhere I look, everything is looking so good, and everyone is you”]

This song totally makes me smile. I’m not entirely sure why, but its just so hopeful and sweet and romantic…

7) I Close My Eyes And Count To Ten – Dusty Springfield

[“I close my eyes, and count to ten, and when I open them, you’re still here, I close my eyes, and count again, I can’t believe it but you’re still here”]

I just discovered this song the other day and it’s brill. I’m learning it slowly but surely, and therefore it really gets stuck on the head radio.

8) Sea of Love – Cat Power

[“Come with me, my love, to the sea, the sea of love…”]

Just beautiful, this song. And fun to hum.

9) Everywhere – Fleetwood Mac

[“And IiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiI, I wanna be with you everywhere]

This is such a cheesey song, and it totally makes me have a silent disco moment too.

10) Flowers In The Window – Travis

[“Oh wow, look at you now, flowers in the window, such a lovely day, and I’m glad you feel the same”]

Le sigh.

So, to sum up, my head radio is currently a little bit cheesey, a little bit romantic, and a little bit random.

What’s playing on your head radio?

1. ruby
    17th March 2008 / 11:04 pm

catpower always. i’m going to see her next month and am SOOO excited!

2. Cheryl
    18th March 2008 / 12:38 am

Well, now Travis is on my head radio 🙂 I have the exact same thing. Lately mine has been Manic Street Preachers and Ok Go.

18th March 2008 / 3:37 am

I will admit to being a total fan of Before He Cheats as well. Too much fun.Flowers in the Window is a great song.Cool list, I’ll have to look into some of the songs that I don’t know.ps Have you heard the Juno soundtrack? It’s beyond awesome!

4. Siobhan
    18th March 2008 / 12:16 pm

Your head radio is rather spiffing.I’m currently tapping into my inner angsty teenager so my head radio is full of Moldy Peaches – Nothing Came Out (“and besides you’re probably holding hands with some skinny pretty girl who likes to talk about bands…”), Soft Cell – Say Hello, Wave Goodbye, The Smiths – There is a Light that Never Goes Out, The Buzzcocks – Ever Fallen in Love, and then anything with Fyfe Dangerfield involved as I have a huge crush on that man (again in a teenage style).

5. Mattbear
    18th March 2008 / 5:46 pm

Hmmm…mine should be full of romantic songs, since the missus and I just had our anniversary, but no…just the usual heavy metal (particularly “Stone Deaf Forever” by Motorhead”) and other weird stuff (like “Airship Pirate” by Abney Park – http://www.myspace.com/abneypark ).I should probably spend some time listening to some relaxing Coltrane or Miles Davis, really. My blood pressure seems to be up these days.

6. Claire
    18th March 2008 / 6:46 pm

Ruby, I am jealous. I’m new to her stuff, but loving it!Yay for contagious music, Cheryl (and now I want to go watch OK Go on treadmills. Again!).Christielli, yay for random country love. I may own the Carrie Underwood album. Ahem. And I’m loving the Juno soundtrack – it’s my listen to on the way to and from work choice this week!Siobhan, ditto! I’m loving your angsty teen vibe (am somewhat there at the mo!).Matt, dude, break out the Davis. Always a good idea!Cxx

18th March 2008 / 7:22 pm

I have Coldplay on my brain today 🙂

8. Alice
    25th March 2008 / 3:47 pm

this was very, very useful, because i just went and listened to “before he cheats” like 18 times in a row. heh. awesome song.