Tales from the sea(side)

So, earlier today, I took myself for a good long walk along the beach. I’ve always loved the water, and like nothing more than going for a yomp (as we have it round here) along the shore and having a good old think. Unfortunately, having time to think in this case has probably done me a disservice, as I’m now worried about something I hadn’t had time to think of before…Hmmm.

Anyways, I love this beach. Or, I should say, these beaches – at Findhorn there are two beaches – the tranquil bayside (see pics 1, 6, 7) and the more tempetuous and dramatic Firth side (2-5). As you can see from my pics, it was a tad windy out there! It was also freezing – you can’t really see in the pics but I had about six layers on!

I took my camera so I could share the lovely views with you guys…hope your day has been super!

1. Mr. Shife
    26th March 2008 / 1:04 am

Seeing those pictures makes me wish I did not live in a landlocked state sometimes. It would be nice if me and the wife could drive to the beach. Sounds like you had a lovely day even if it was a bit cold. Have a good one.

26th March 2008 / 1:15 am

Love the pics, especially the first!I’m sure it was cold, but not as cold as it is here. It’s the end of March, and we’re *still* getting snow. 🙁 I’m so ready for spring.

3. ruby
    26th March 2008 / 2:14 am

lovely photos and it looks as if you had some lovely solitary time as well. it must look warmer than it actually was!altho i am sorry to hear about the worries that arose..

4. daisies
    26th March 2008 / 3:46 am

how absolutely beautiful, you and the sea 🙂 xo

5. Grace
    26th March 2008 / 4:27 am

Beautiful pictures! We sort of have a beach nearby, but at this time of the year, there’s so much snow everywhere, it basically feels like you’re looking at a field… of snow. It’s not too exciting.

6. Jillian
    26th March 2008 / 5:19 am

LOL… I hate when I “remember” something I forgot to “worry” about. I don’t think it ever ends.Also, I’m really diggin pic #4!

7. KennethSF
    26th March 2008 / 10:26 am

I love the ocean too. Whenever I feel Life is about to take a big turn, I stroll along San Francisco’s Ocean Beach to prepare for it. There’s something reassuring about witnessing the rhythm of the frothy waves and the vast expanse of the sand plain and the shoreline.

8. cK
    26th March 2008 / 1:01 pm

Open water! I’m dearly looking forward to that here. We’ve still got plenty of ice….Sigh.Thanks for sharing the photos.-cK

9. .
    26th March 2008 / 2:06 pm

Thank you for visiting me in my blog and yes I wish to be friends with you, too so let’s keep in touch.I opened your 100 things about you and I am about to start reading them with my cup of morning coffee.Cheers!Have a wonderful day!

10. 2 Dollar Productions
    26th March 2008 / 2:09 pm

Nice images. The beach is always my favorite place for walking or simply sitting and zoning out and watching the waves – whether it’s cold outside or not.

26th March 2008 / 2:47 pm

Lovely photos! And I love the word “yomp”. It’s so expressive. 🙂

26th March 2008 / 3:05 pm

Chilly or not, the beach looks lovely! Minds have a tendency to go into places we do not want them to when we have idle time.

13. Jenn
    26th March 2008 / 3:56 pm

I’m jealous that you live so close to a beach! The photos are lovely though 🙂 Glad you enjoyed your walk.

14. tina
    26th March 2008 / 4:56 pm

hey there 🙂 thanks for stopping by my blog – I shall return the favor ;)Awesome pictures!! I see we have something in common 🙂

15. Cheryl
    26th March 2008 / 5:26 pm

That looks gorgeous, and you look so happy! Love it.

16. The Egg
    26th March 2008 / 5:46 pm

I love the water too! Especially the ocean. Hearing the waves, feeling the sand, soaking up the sun (when it’s not too cold!)…aagh I can’t wait for the summer beach excursions! Great photos. Thanks for sharing!

17. indygal78
    26th March 2008 / 6:36 pm

Lovely beach pictures. I wish there was a beach close to me. Thanks for the comment on my blog.

18. thisdayandage
    26th March 2008 / 7:36 pm

those pictures are beautiful. I’m jealous that I’m stuck here, in a city that is far, far away from any beach. I like the blog, I’ll definitely stop by more often, and thanks for coming to mine as well!

19. Jana B
    28th March 2008 / 3:51 pm

OMW!!! I love how you have two completely different beaches so close to you! That is awesome!