Thud!

So it’s back to school with a vengeance. Coming back on a Wednesday is a double-edged sword, really. On the one hand, closer to the weekend….on the other hand, longest day of my workweek! Yesterday I started at my desk at 7.30….and I finally left school at 22.30…. Oh. My. Gosh. It was a particularly hectic workday as well – I managed to spend a whopping 35 minutes away from children or paperwork in that time (yes, I counted. And yes, that includes loo breaks!). I love my boarding day! Heh.

But I got through it, and it was lovely to see the kids. Walking across our wee playground first thing on the first day of term when you’re a Year 3 teacher around here tends to unleash the kind of mania usually reserved for Julia Roberts at a premiere….chaos! Good for the ego, though. And it is lovely to see my wee gang – they are such a lovely bunch of kids, and while I miss being on holiday, it’s fun to be back in the realm of colour and noise and hugs and silliness. And it’s only just over a month till half-term :-).

And now I’ve survived a Thursday too. Thursdays are always busy (I think my favourite bit is the added bonus of an hour of playground duty banter on top of my class duties…), but the real cherry on top is my Year 7 lesson last thing. Have you ever tried to make 15 hungry twelve year olds study at 5 o’clock in the afternoon? It’s quite the challenge, let me tell you.

But it’s done. And I’m just scrawling this before boxercise (a.k.a. “Oweeoweeow”), and then a lazy evening at home in front of the TV, with the weekend so close I can taste it. Yay!

How are you doing?

17th April 2008 / 6:33 pm

Your kids are lucky to have such a sweet teacher. 🙂

2. Sacred Suzie
    17th April 2008 / 8:59 pm

Sounds like a lot of crazy fun is swirling around you which is wonderful! I’ll be OK, thanks to your support. I’m going to make my life crazy fun to. 🙂

18th April 2008 / 5:38 am

How am I doing? It’s supposed to fucking snow this weekend! Shit! I don’t live in the Midwest, and there is a REASON for that…on the other hand, I got sexually harassed by a guy named John Holmes today (see blog), so that was funny 🙂

4. Simply Scarlet
    18th April 2008 / 12:13 pm

There’s nothing like a little boxercise to get you through a manic Thursday! Maybe I should buy some gloves and jump in the ring with some of my former coworkers. Yes, that would alleviate some stress. 🙂

5. 2 Dollar Productions
    18th April 2008 / 12:23 pm

That’s great you got such an overwhelming reception upon your return – especially since your workload sounds brutal. Good luck plowing through that one, but it must be a good feeling to have that bunch of kids.

6. RennyBA
    18th April 2008 / 1:46 pm

I’ll just say: TGIF and I wish you a good one, all the way from Norway:-)Btw: More IT fun on my last post!

7. Shelley
    18th April 2008 / 2:12 pm

YAY kiddies 🙂 and yay the weekend!I am ok, though suffering through day long visits to the library.. Only 3 weeks left til hand in, and then no more uni! scary and yay and scary :)I miss claire!

8. Tinsie
    19th April 2008 / 4:40 pm

Gosh! I thought I had a lot on my plate – but at least I’ve never had to start work at 7:30 AM and I don’t often stay in the office past 9 PM.Then again, I’m surrounded by idiots. That’s got to take its toll, right?

9. Pink
    19th April 2008 / 9:19 pm

how am I?Thud works for me too.I came home after hell week number 2 and fell asleep at 8 pm Friday, got up only long enough to go to the chiropractor and get some lunch. Came home, sat on the sofa and just woke up at 10:00 to see Simply Red on the television.lots of sleep seems a good cure for exhaustion. but I do wonder when enough will be enough.sounds like your kids are a lot of fun, if tiring :)hope you have a good weekend, Claire.xxpinks

10. Foster Communications
    19th April 2008 / 11:49 pm

Aren’t kids the best ego boosters ever? A hug from one of the kids on the playground can turn a bad day into a good one in two seconds flat!I do hope you’re enjoying the (well deserved) weekend.

11. Frankie
    20th April 2008 / 11:21 am

Sounds like a lovely return to the “real world.” Those kids are lucky to have such a vivacious spirit!! xoxo

12. JLee
    21st April 2008 / 3:25 am

It’s nice to be loved, eh? Do you ever get to play on the playground equipment? I would want to! lol

21st April 2008 / 4:59 am

I love hearing the term ‘wee’.