Rollercoaster

Oh. My. Life. The past few days have been more tumultuous than I can even explain. There have been amazing highs and terrific lows, long conversations and short shrift, new opportunities and old worries….and now I have a cold.

Suffice to say, I’m totally exhausted today, and feel totally like I’m on autopilot. You know those days where you go through the motions, feeling slightly detached, small and insignificant and sad? Yeah, it’s one of those days. The people who know the whole story of what’s going on are being supportive and kind and lovely, but now more than ever I feel like I’ve been turned upside down and shaken!

Eh. I’ll live.

Needless to say, I’m looking forward to the weekend, where I get to have a good old sing, then dress up as a pirate and catch the underground across London to hang out with a bunch of people I adore. Lovely people rock my tiny planet.

Sigh.

PS Oh, and I almost forgot! On the Austen quiz thing from my last post? I came out as Jane Bennett, one point off Elizabeth Bennett….so I’m a pretty even split between those two, according to the delightfully trashy book!

1. Siobhan
    8th May 2008 / 12:17 pm

Yay! I was right. Sorry, now have got that out of the way – I continue to be here for you and think you are fabulous. And will remember to bring the fake tattoos for your pirate costume. I keep reminding myslef (but you may need to again). The weekend will be grand. I hope you feel better soon.x

2. Sacred Suzie
    8th May 2008 / 12:31 pm

There must be something going on in our astrological heavens to be causing so much confusion and exhaustion. It’s palpable for me. I’m just going to retreat and stay at home for a bit to even things out. I hope your energy returns soon too!

3. Diane Mandy
    8th May 2008 / 1:13 pm

Hang in there lady!

4. Jon
    8th May 2008 / 1:14 pm

It’s like I tell my wife, you have to take the highs with the lows, sometimes. Eventually it evens out… I think.

5. JLee
    8th May 2008 / 1:52 pm

Here is a big hug! ( ) Feel better and have a great weekend!

8th May 2008 / 6:15 pm

Trying times indeed. I hope you feel better soon. 🙂

7. mermaid musings
    8th May 2008 / 7:09 pm

don’t blame you I can’t wait fo rthe weekend either

8th May 2008 / 7:21 pm

Well have fun this weekend Miss Bennett.

9th May 2008 / 4:24 am

This is how tired I am – the first time I read this, I thought it said, “There have been terrific highs and amazing cows.” LOL! Hang in there. I’m having the same bloody type of week as you, apparently, on the other side of the ocean.

10. Scarlet
    10th May 2008 / 5:25 pm

I was feeling that way myself and I’m still not totally with it; it must be something in the air…which reminds me of that Phil Collins song, but that’s a comment for your latest post (not this one!). :)There’s nothing that a Pirate costume and a little alcohol won’t cure. Seriously, I hope you feel better and realize YOU’RE NOT ALONE. 😉

11. Tinsie
    11th May 2008 / 9:58 am

Hope you’re having an enjoyable sunny weekend!