Ramblings of a twentysomething, on a Tuesday evening in June

Welcome to Claire’s brain, 17.47, Tuesday evening. Weather: cool and damp. Mood: fair to good. Commence brainwave / stream of conciousness feed.

…………………………………………….

I’m hungry. I’m tired.

Shall I email around about Soph and Penny’s birthdays? Someone should – shall I do that tomorrow? Then I can get champers and cakes on Thursday.

“I’d rather be working for a paycheck than trying to win the lottery…”

I like my new trainers. Hee, I broke my other ones through working out so much. That’s kind of awesome. Expensive, but awesome. And I get to go to the gym in a moment. Great.

I think he’s really lovely. I do. He makes me smile, and he makes me angry, and he’s a bit great, in a different way. Of course, I’ll never do anything about it….but at least I can admit it. If only to myself, without naming names.

I wonder if Jane’s having fun in Spain?

Yay for two babysitting nights in a row! Dull weekend just became a moneyspinning weekend! Hee, I’m such a teen.

“I’ve found a way to make you, I’ve found a way, A way to make you smile…”

Where *is* my markbook? Goshdarn end-of-term-itis.

Who gets spots in their mid-to-late-twenties? Really? I’m all about the night cream in case of wrinkles, but spots? Gah. Thank God none of the new kids noticed them today though…phew.

I hope she’s OK. I wish I could just fix it and help her and feed her and give her a hug. She’s doing so well.

Where on earth can I find a crystal ball?

“It’s a little bit funny, this feeling inside, I’m not one of those who can easily hide…”

What shall I have for tea?

“There is no reason to feel bad…”

To Pirates or not to Pirates? That is the question. Well, one of them.

I can’t believe it’s only a week and a half till summer. Yay! 🙂

Do I have enough eggs to bake cakes? Do I need to make frosting? Or buy frosting?

I think I’m going to like my new bunch of kids. They seem fun and bright and juuuust quirky enough to keep things interesting!

I wish I could work out what I want. Fat chance!

…………………………………………………………….

So there you have it folks. Ten minutes in my mind. Wow, I’ve got some stuff on!

1. 2 Dollar Productions
    24th June 2008 / 6:32 pm

Great way to capture late-night stream of consciousness musings . . . Ha. Good stuff. I especially agree about blowing up your trainers as that’s pretty damn impressive – it’s just too bad those things cost so much to replace. I feel your pain. And it’s good you think that “”I’d rather be working for a paycheck than trying to win the lottery…”as I figure people who feel the opposite are bound to be disappointed.

24th June 2008 / 6:53 pm

That’s quite possibly the most random post I’ve ever seen. Coming from me that’s saying a lot.

25th June 2008 / 2:34 am

I still get spots too. :(Yay for new trainers!I love all this British lingo that I am using. :)Hope you find your markbook (I can chuck mine now! Final reports are done) and do enjoy your new bunch of kids.Hmmmmmmmm, maybe you should do something about him? Why not?

4. vivavavoom
    25th June 2008 / 3:25 am

wow….that is like 10 seconds in the mind of a person stoned. hee hee.

5. cdave
    25th June 2008 / 8:49 am

Ooh, must buy train ticket to pirates! Thanks.

6. Boy
    25th June 2008 / 10:09 am

I love that song by Bright Eyes, it’s my favorite non-sappy sappy song I have ever heard. The video is great, too!

7. whatigotsofar
    25th June 2008 / 2:23 pm

I must admit, that’s kinda frightening.

25th June 2008 / 2:50 pm

Wow!!

9. Darth Weasel
    25th June 2008 / 4:39 pm

at least with your random Pirate reference I am allowed to tell one of the worst Pirate jokes ever (because, you know, the pirate joke genre is so HUGE)Did you hear about the Pirate movie? It is rated AaarrrrrgggghhhhI’ll get my coat

10. Cheryl
    25th June 2008 / 6:33 pm

Yeah, that isn’t much different than 10 minutes in my mind either. Gets awfully crowded in there, doesn’t it?

11. Anonymous
    25th June 2008 / 6:44 pm

Yay, am glad am not only one with lost markbook… am sure it is under a pile of stuff somewhere. Am so jealous you are finished in a week and a half, have another 4 to go. State school sucks. Am being observed tomorrow… here’s hoping they are on best behaviour. Mlle Wilson x

12. goodness gracious!
    27th June 2008 / 12:03 pm

i’m 30 and i still get them (and wrinkles). fun times!you’re such a happy person with such a good attitude — my late night ramblings have way more #%&(!!! and random scowling.