Letting the numbers speak for themselves – a “how many” meme.

How old are you?
I am the grand old awesome age of twenty-seven. Or at least I was, last time I checked!

How many musical instruments can you play?
I sing, and play the flute and recorder. Oooh, and the triangle. I’m wicked good at the triangle ;).

How many countries have you lived in?
Scotland, England, Germany and Luxembourg. So that’s four. So far, anyways.

How many schools have you attended?
6 primary (Applegrove, Hayfield Lane, St. Clement’s, Barnes Wallis, Cheshire, Griffon); 2 secondary (R.A.A.S., Forres Academy); and two universities (Aberdeen and Durham). Quite a few, then!

How many boyfriends/girlfriends have you had?
Serious ones? That would be one. I spent most of my early twenties in a bit of a commitment-phobic place, so I dated and had fun and all, but it’s been an age since I’ve been anyone’s girlfriend. I hope I get the chance again sometime, but I don’t think boys look at me that way! Which is kind of a shame. The one time I was someone’s girlfriend, I was pretty good at it, from what I recall (it was back in the Victorian ages though – perhaps I’m mistaken….?).

How many years since you last played on a swing?
One, I think. Yep, I definitely went on the Grant Park swings last summer. I may go again this week, now I think of it.

How many bones have you broken?
Thus far (touch wood), none. I’ve fractured my wrist before though (rollerskating), and fractured my right foot in four/five places (fell several feet off of a zip wire platform).

How many siblings do you have?
I have a younger sister (Sian, a.k.a. Midimus) who lives down south with her boyfriend and is kind of figuring it out for herself just now and pretty and clever. And I have a younger brother (Peter, a.k.a. Minimus) who lives at home with the parentals and is all kinds of good at computing and funny and kind.

How many homes have you had?
Nineteen. I think. I’ve moved a lot.

How many people have you kissed?
Would it be terrible to say I don’t know? After almost ten years of being single, I’d have to sit down with some paper and have a big old think. But if you chose a sensible number, you’d be right. Not a slut. Not a prude. 🙂

How many languages can you speak?
I’m pretty good at English. I speak a decent amount of French and a little German. And I understand a teensy bit of Spanish and Italian. To my eternal chagrin, however, I’m not naturally talented when it comes to languages. Unlike HRH and Mlle Wilson, who are both amazing at languages – I’m in awe of their skills.

How many times have you been in love?
The kind of love you have for friends and family? I have so much of that in me and in my life, I swear it fuels me. But romantic love? Thinking that one person is just amazing, and wanting to build a life with them? That’s yet to happen.

Wow. Isn’t maths revealing?

29th July 2008 / 12:20 am

Ohhhh I like this one!! Go and get on a swing missy, everytime I pass one I hop on for a quick ride, so much fun!

29th July 2008 / 1:14 am

You have lived in a lot of different countries! I guess things are a bit different in North America, where there are only two countries to chose from on the whole continent.

3. Karen
    29th July 2008 / 2:21 pm

I am amazed at how many homes and schools you had. That must have made you are strong person.And Spark!! There are 23 countries in North America. LOL There are plenty of options over here. (Sorry, I am a bit of a trivia freak.)

29th July 2008 / 4:30 pm

You are so cute! I don’t know how many people I’ve kissed, either…it sounds kind of crass making lists.

5. Cheryl
    30th July 2008 / 12:36 am

Very interesting meme!

6. running42k
    30th July 2008 / 10:29 am

very informative. I love what you call your siblings.

7. Scarlet
    30th July 2008 / 12:50 pm

This is a sweet and sentimental meme. I love swings!!Come to Miami…you’ll find love in a heartbeat!

8. Sacred Suzie
    30th July 2008 / 12:53 pm

Wow! You’ve moved more than I have by A LOT! I’m thoroughly impressed. I thought nine times in 13 years was a lot, woowee!I am so glad you’re participating with us on Friday! It’s also going to be a solar eclipse, powerful stuff!Bonfires sound like an awesome idea! And it’s going to be a solar eclipse too!

9. Heff
    30th July 2008 / 4:58 pm

Just stoppin’ by to check in on Country Mouse’s tale, lol !

10. JLee
    30th July 2008 / 5:41 pm

I like this one too..in fact, I’m stealing it! hahaYou play the triangle? awesome 😉

11. changetheworld360
    30th July 2008 / 9:44 pm

This is a great way to share ranoom info about yourself! I might use this one sometime, if you don’t mind. 😉

12. Tinsie
    2nd August 2008 / 1:37 pm

19 homes! WOW!!!What’s Luxembourg like? I’ve always wanted to go there, but haven’t managed it so far.Great idea for a meme. I might do one too 🙂

13. robin-bird
    4th August 2008 / 3:31 am

you play instruments, and speak multiple languages?! impressive! the romantic love part is coming miss claire and when it does you will be counting those kisses by tens and twenties and hundreds :)xoxox