Excitement! This week I got my first ever blogging award! The handsome, multitalented, funny and awesomely cleanshaven Erik has given me one of his five Artey Y Pico awards. Basically you choose people whose writing you enjoy – Erik and I have been mutual readers for a while (heh. That sounds dirtier than it actually is!), and here’s what he had to say about my little blog:
“2. The Country Mouse Tales: The good Claire has a true gift for the written word which always makes for a pleasant read regardless of the subject matter she chooses to broadcast. It’s always entertaining to hear about a slice of life from across the pond.”
Aw, shucks. Thank you, lovely. If you didn’t live so far away, I would so take you for a bite to eat to say thank you.
And now I get to choose five people to pass the award onto, and there a rules for how this is to be done (official, huh?)
1. You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserve this award through creativity, design, interesting material, and also contributes to the blogger community, no matter of language.
2. Each award should have the name of the author with a link to their blog.
3. Award winners have to post the award with the name and link to the blog of the person who gave them the award.
4. Please include a link to the Arte Y Pico blog so that everyone will know where the award came from.
So here are my five picks:
*drum roll, please!*
(for fun, I’ve also put at the end of each pick what I would do with each blogger if we hung out for an evening)
1. Erik’s ramblings. The stories. The quotes. The music. The movies. The Scarlett Johansson obsession. I just really enjoy Erik’s blog, and have for a good long time. He’s also part of the reason this blog’s still here – a bit of gentle bullying from him last year helped me regroup a little blogwise! I’d love to hang out watching movies with Erik, then maybe go grab some beer and food and play pool. He’d win. I suck at pool.
2. Small moments make a life. Darlene blogs straight from the heart, and her posts are peppered with wisdom, beautiful photos, humour and loveliness. I admire her spirit and talent so very much. I’d love to go for a walk with her, and then maybe share some tea and secrets under a starry summer sky.
3. As good as it gets. I discovered the beautiful Scarlet’s blog earlier this year, and am amazed by the sheer humour and energy which infuses her writing. I want to drink red wine with her and set the world to rights!
4. Permanent Title Currently Under Construction. The amazing Christy writes brilliantly about music and life in the city, and is never afraid to go off on an entertaining or unexpected tangent. I’ve also met her in person and she’s equally cool in person. I would go gigging, then hit a bar and maybe a club with this good lady – in fact, I may just do that, if and when she comes over this side of the pond :-).
5. Somethings Gotta Give. Ashley is another blogger I’ve been lucky enough to meet in person, and she’s wicked cool. Her blog is funny and frank and so like her it’s spooky. I’d take Ash around London (so long as we could avoid any haunted houses…;)).
Congratulations, gang. And thank you once more, Erik. You rock, and you managed to make me blush. High five!