…I sometimes wish I was a more sophisticated, worldly type. I wish I coveted caviar and Chanel and nights at the Ritz. But for the most part I am a simple creature of simple pleasures, and as I whirl (can one whirl? I feel like I whirl!) through my life I’m grateful for all the little pleasures that remind me how lucky I am to be happy and healthy and alive. Like listening to a new song and just thinking “wow. That’s ace!”. Like looking at my diary and seeing between the deadlines and pressure and crazy work stuff a dleicate web of birthdays and parties and coffees and roadtrips. Cuddles with babies. Muller Little Stars yoghurt. Early nights. And plans to puddlejump soon. Postcards. Kindness.
This is a post of three parts. Part the second stems from the last couple of posts I’ve written about boys, and the fact that I’m now in a pretty darn great headspace about the whole thing (I think). I think in my head I’d made the whole situation a negative one, where I lost, when actually, the situation’s lots different. It’s less about me being worthless or a waste of space. Now it’s more about the fact that I’ve yet to find a guy who can keep up with me, keep me interested, and treat me with the kindness and esteem I want. No, deserve. And until he gets here (I may have already met him, but I’m a little thick on these things…I wouldn’t know! Unless he jumped up and down in front of me going “It’s me! It’s me!”), it’s like I’m growing and changing and becoming the woman I want to be. So if and when I meet someone who deserves me, I’ll be able to meet him as someone fun and full of love and kind, and also someone who likes herself and takes care of herself. I think I’m getting there.
Part the third: I got another award! Huge thanks and blessings to the lovely Spark, who passed on the bloggy love!
2.Link the person you received your award from.
Click on Spark’s name to visit her blog. She’s on a real journey now and it’s a true delight to read all about it.
3.Nominate 7 other blogs.
4.Put links of those blogs on yours.
1. Boy’s Large Hearted Boy. The man is deep, caring and a feircely talented writer. I love to read his poetic thoughts and musings, and I also think he’s a total poppet!
2. Bee’s Recklessly Relentlessly Dreaming. Bee’s such a star, and her honesty and bravery in her writing has inspired me no end. She is also a riot, and has conversation like you would not believe!
3. Nicole’s Nicole and Her Pictures. I love that whenever I click on the link to Nicole’s blog, I feel like I see a real slice of her life. She’s such a sweetheart.
4. Simon’s Lost Horizons. Simon’s one of the cleverest and nicest men I know (and he knows some of the worst jokes ever!). His blog is like an extension of him….and it’s pretty darn great.
5. Robin’s Coke and Count Chocula. This girl cracks me up, and her writing is fresh, witty and fun. Plus, we’re penpals now!
6. Cruisin-mom’s Crusin-Mom. Cruisin-mom doesn’t post as much as others, but I am always interested to read what she has to say. Ace lady.
7. Cheryl’s Places Never Planned. Just a top read, and she’s a lovely, lovely girl too!
5. Let the people know you’ve awarded them.
That’s next on my list!
Have a lovely rest of your week, all!