Again, this week, I’ve been reminded of how little things can make you smile or giggle, and just raise you mood. I love looking for these little moments (indeed, I probably post on this theme oooh, once a month or so?), they are like little gems stitched into the fabric of life. Life can oftentimes be busy, and hard work, and frantic…I find comfort in finding these little moments and relishing them.
This week these have included:
* Amazing myself by giving an informed opinion on football. Yes, you read that right, I gave an informed opinion on football.
* One of my ex-tutees coming up to see me yesterday with one of his gorgeous new black labrador puppies, just so I could have a snuggle with the little creature. Cute, cute, cute! And the puppy gave me a licky kiss on the nose!
* Someone’s opinion on me being genuinely surprising, and a bit lovely.
* Watching the ‘Sex and the City’ movie last night, and enjoying it once more. And feeling blessed that I too have a great bunch of women to call on when I need them, and who call on me when they need me. I love my boys, but I also cherish the wonderful friendships I have with my girls.
* Realising the half-term break is in a month. Time to sleep, visit and write.
* The song ‘Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!’ by Abba. It is so very very cheesey, you can practically smell the Stilton. But oh my life, it is the BEST for dancing around your room to!
* Babysitting being fun as ever. Good chat, chocolate pancakes, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, and extra monies (woo! Time for some new Converse!).
* Singing, singing, singing. Although I’m pretty scared that I seem to be lining up ‘Defying Gravity‘ (the main bit kicks in after a minute or so of dialogue) as a potential audition song. That song is *tough* (especially the last bit!)!
* The blogs of my friends. I love reading all about what people are up to. I never really expected my blogging experience to grow into what it has, but I love it. I’ve been lucky enough to meet five fellow bloggers, and I’m friends with others in real life, and I exchange notes and emails with others. I love how this amazing thing and these great writers touch my life.
* Being a squirrel in lunch, and a hedgehog in my English class. And continuing to smile like a dolphin.
* Hugs, kisses, and kindness.
* Loveliness happening to people I love – weddings approaching, love deepening, plans being made, choices being right, babies hopefully coming home (praying so hard for that one!).
* Cups of tea, snuggled in bed, reading a good book (this week I finished ‘The New Europe’ by Michael Palin, which was amazingly insightful; and I’m about fifty pages into ‘The Memory Keeper’s Daughter’ which is hypnotic).
* Long hot baths and long hot showers. The latter of which I’m off to have – time to go have a fun Saturday! 🙂
Have a lovely weekend!