Sunday Stoppage

This evening, for the first time in a good long time, I actually stopped for a few hours. I ignored the phone, left the dishes by the sink, forgot the marking for now, and actually stopped. It’s not something I do enough. And now I feel replenished and just more ready for the challenges to come – the things I want to do, the things I have to do, the things I need to do, the things I’m hoping to do.

Recently life has felt a little like squuueeeeeezzzzzing into a pair of jeans that are just a little too small. You know they’ll fit, but you’ve just got the breathe in that extra half an inch to get them on. There are new things I’m making space for, and other things refusing to budge to make room. So I’m having to be creative with my timing. All good though, there are many things in my life which are giving me cause to pause, smile, and count a blessing. I am grateful for busy-ness and new discombobulating things.

Who knows, in a few posts time, perhaps I’ll even have time to write about some of them… 🙂

Have a great week, all.

1. Dianne
    5th October 2008 / 10:12 pm

stopping is good …sounds like it helped a lot, I know that tight jeans feeling – great way to describe it.sounds like life is good and that is wonderful

2. ms chica
    5th October 2008 / 10:13 pm

Time management is an art. I was better at it when I was single. Now it’s like TM 2.0. I complain about, but I still have more free time than most.

3. PhilH
    5th October 2008 / 11:34 pm

Tonight I left numerous overdue things to one side and booked my half term holiday.It took a lot longer than I imagined, and it was a lot more confusing. I only just finished. Ah well. I’ll just have to sort through and hole punch those bits of paper I’ve been carrying around with me, when I get into my classroom at half seven.Night night – up and at ’em in 5 and a half hours…

6th October 2008 / 12:02 am

Good for you for stopping! :)Happy World Teachers’ Day!

5. JLee
    6th October 2008 / 3:49 am

It’s good to take a little Sunday break. Have a good week 🙂

6. Jen
    6th October 2008 / 4:35 am

It is great to stop sometimes and let everything down and relax ya know!I really get the whole tight jeans on many levels… I feel like I am trying on some tight jeans at the moment with all that I have going on in my life lol and I know how it is to squeeze into my jeans :p

6th October 2008 / 6:44 am

All right stop! Claire time.

8. Scarlet
    6th October 2008 / 12:06 pm

Letting it all go and making time for yourself…alone time…is priceless. Have a great week!

9. whatigotsofar
    6th October 2008 / 1:05 pm

Oh, don’t remind me about squeezing into those jeans. Winter’s acomin’ and that means I’ve had to take out my winter lounge-around-the-house pants. Haven’t worn them in 6 months. Do you know how stiff a pair of jeans can get after you wash them, fold them and then let them sit in a dresser drawer for 6 months?

10. Cheryl
    6th October 2008 / 2:32 pm

There’s nothing wrong with a little stoppage. And the jeans analogy is very apt. I like it.

11. Alice
    6th October 2008 / 6:31 pm

the jeans analogy is a good one. sometimes you need to spend a day in sweatpants instead 🙂

12. daisies
    6th October 2008 / 8:26 pm

have a fabulous week beautiful and trust me when i say ~ i totally understand 🙂 xo

6th October 2008 / 11:55 pm

It’s healthy to take a break and just relax sometimes…we all need a little boost every now and again.

14. robin bird
    7th October 2008 / 9:35 pm

i surely will be looking forward to hearing how those jeans are fitting after having a bit of stretch and breaking in 🙂

8th October 2008 / 6:11 pm

A great reminder – I constantly think I need to be productive, doing something, busy busy. I recently made a list of things I could do to relax. Thanks for making me think about it again!

16. Tinsie
    12th October 2008 / 10:27 am

I’ve only just read this, but what a great reminder. I always try to “stop” for a few hours every weekend – not always possible, but worth keeping in mind. Thanks.

17. robin bird
    14th October 2008 / 6:23 pm

busy girl claire. i noticed something i wanted to tell you… i love photography, pictures, colors, large and awesomely BIG. i tens to hang out at blogs that show me things, visually in a BIG way. and then there is claire…who is by no means a slouch when it comes to pictures and photography but more often it it the words that make the picture. this is a nice place to come for me to listen rather than see them.xo