It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas….

Well here we are folks, on the very brink of the season of peace and goodwill. I am super excited (as is my wont) and enjoying my favourite month thoroughly!

The last week of term flew by, a blur of giggles and stresses and carols and my birthday and crackers and gifts. The children had a grand old time and I was very proud of them all. But some what relieved to actually wave them out the door last Friday, I must confess. I love them to pieces and we’ve had a cracking term, but it was definitely time to relax and catch some zzzzzzzzzzzzs.

The weekend was lovely. The boy came up on Friday and we had a lovely cosy meal in the local, and a Saturday of basically mooching around being lazy before getting the train back to London. Then we went to my gorgeous friend Emily’s for festive drinks and food (venison *and* red cabbage? Nom nom nom!), which was very grown up and fabulous, all at the same time. Sunday was a fry up and chat with Siobhan, Hebba and Dan, and wandering around the city in a quest for coffee. And on Sunday night, the lovely Katie Boo and Jase threw me a FakeBirthday get-together – just five of us chilling, drinking champagne, eating nibbles and playing singstar. Aceness embodied!

The rest of the week so far has been full of goodness – buying gifts, writing cards, drinking tea, carol singing around the village, wrapping gifts, queueing in the post office and planning the roadtrip home (I leave here Dec 19th. I get to my parents on Dec 24th!).

How has your December been so far?

1. whatigotsofar
    17th December 2008 / 1:39 pm

Sounds really great. Much better than my cruddy December.Who is this ‘the boy’ of which you speak? Is he just a boy, or is he “the” boy?

2. Cheryl
    17th December 2008 / 2:37 pm

December has been pretty good to me, so far. Although I can’t believe it’s half over!Happy Christmas Claire!

17th December 2008 / 2:54 pm

My month has consisted of my car breaking down, falling on my ass due to ice, and being late for work. Good times!

4. Scarlet
    17th December 2008 / 4:23 pm

You sound merry and bright…as you should be with all you have going on! Happy birthday!! My big day was yesterday and I’m enjoying December like I always do…with family, good friends, cheerful music, fantastic food and my little plastic card. 😉

5. Nicole
    17th December 2008 / 5:20 pm

December has flown by for me! You live a fabulous life Claire. I want just one weekend with you and your life. I think I would love it! And yes… who is this boy? Huh? Hmmm? You gonna tell us or what? 😛

17th December 2008 / 6:20 pm

Happy b.day! My December has flown by, until this week when we’ve been largely snowed in.

17th December 2008 / 7:25 pm

My December has been neither here nor there, but I am certainly enjoying being surrounded by carols and pretty Christmas displays. It’s a very good season.