Stoppage time….

It’s going to be one of those weekends.

A chilled one.

Not lazy by any means (my to do list is full of work and chores and paperwork and planning and letters and calls), but not as busy as the usual, either. Time to recharge, time to make some headway in the spring cleaning, to get my reports straight, and to catch up on reading books, reading blogs, and replying to emails.

We all need these weekends, right?

This week has been B.U.S.Y. at work, full of observations and meetings and papers and children, children, children, so I’m kind of looking forward to kicking back a little – chucking on some slobby clothes, drinking a lot of tea, that kind of stuff. This week also contained a weekday jaunt down to London town to have dinner and time with the boy – enjoyable, but a heck of a commute. Eh, he’s worth it!

It’s a beautiful fresh winter’s day here. Clear skies, crisp coldness, and the loveliness of a day and a half to just get things done. I hope you’re looking forward to your weekend too!

1. Scarlet
    31st January 2009 / 1:43 pm

It’s good to slow down and make a little time just for YOU. It helps to refuel and nurture your spirit. There’s no better way to spend a chilly weekend.It’s even cool here in Miami…50 degrees this morning (but it feels like 40!). I’m cuddling with my new puppy, Misty, and reading blogs with a cup of hot espresso beside me.Life’s good!

31st January 2009 / 10:25 pm

I’m glad to hear that you’re getting a rest!I didn’t know how much I needed this weekend until it arrived. I thought I’d be bored because I didn’t have any social plans for Saturday. Turns out what my body wanted was to sleep for 10 hours then lie around on the sofa, and have a long nap in the afternoon. I’m finally feeling caught up on my sleep now. 🙂

3. Jen
    1st February 2009 / 2:12 am

Yes we all need weekends 🙂 Have a good weekend relaxing

4. jenica
    1st February 2009 / 3:28 am

thanks for stopping by today. ;-D i hope you have a lovely, stress free weekend.xoxo

5. ciara
    1st February 2009 / 4:41 am

thanks for stopping by my diary of a thick chick blog and the get well wishes. it was a nice day today, and i was stuck inside from all this congestion :-/

1st February 2009 / 5:58 pm

Enjoy! Yes, we all need to relax…more than we tend to do.

7. Mary Teresa
    6th February 2009 / 7:40 pm

Those are the best weekends. The one’s where you can do absolutely nothing and feel soooo good about it. Glad you got to take some time for yourself.