How it works….
1. Leave me a comment saying, “Interview me.”
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. (I get to pick the questions).
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
My first batch of questions come from the multitalented Erik.
1. What is your favorite breakfast cereal(s)?
Mmmm, cereal…. My favourite is probably porridge, I must say. With sugar or golden syrup or apricots or yoghurt, it’s just the perfect start to the day :-).
2. If you were independently wealthy would you still work?
Oooh, good question! I’d probably work, but in a different way. I’d try my hand properly at both writing and singing…two things I adore but I just can’t afford to pursue. I’d see about starting my own business. Or if I remained in the current field, I’d consider staying in teaching, or I might opt to volunteer or work for a children’s charity instead. I think I’d work *less*, if I could. I’d adore more time to write and study and see friends. But I don’t think I could give up working in all its shapes and forms. I like being busy! I’d definitely consider hiring a cleaning lady though….ah, to say farewell to laundry and vaccuuming!
3. Are American or Canadian accents sexy?
Simple answer – yes. Because I have a fairly mid-Atlantic/middle England, non-specific accent myself, I tend to have a soft spot for an accent. Current faves are probably Irish, Canadian, Scots, American….and Geordie.
4. Has there ever been a picture taken of you where you’re not smiling? Or at least not faking a frown or pouty face?
I tend to always smile in pictures, or pull some sort of goofy pose. Seriously, the goofy poses scare me – if and when I get married I’m genuinely worried I make break out the jazz hands pose in the wedding pictures! There are a few pensive pictures of me though, but that’s because a lot of my friends love to photograph and catch me off guard!
5. What’s the first song you think of when you’re in a foul mood?
Genius question! Song for the Dumped is a good call, lots of rage there. As is Philosophy, actually. What can I say, Ben Folds gets my pain. Oooh, I also love a good power ballad or a decent show–tune when I’m stressed, because nothing cheers me up quicker than a good sing!
Thanks Erik, this was fun!
Do let me know if you’d like me to ask you five questions….or, indeed, if you have five questions for me!