It’s a little after midnight, Sunday night/Monday morning. I couldn’t quite get my head round to sleep (distracted by the shiny as ever, and the clock change, and a lie-in Sinday morning all conspiring to befuddle my brain a little!). But my room is chilly, and my back’s a little sore (a combination of several hours driving, a couple of hours typing, and the night on a couch last night (a very fabulous and comfy couch with two wonderful owners, but a couch nonetheless)). What to do?
1. Praise heaven for laptop computers.
2. Fold out bed, plump up cushions.
3. Turn on little heater of win for a warmth injection for fifteen minutes (which’ll then have me good till bedtime).
4. Don oh-so-attractive blue penguin PJs (thanks again, Christy), old comfy grey Purdue sweatshirt and pink and white slippershoes.
5. Locate funsize bag of minieggs.
6. Crawl into bed, et voilá. It’s like blogging in a marshmallow!
A lovely wee jaunt to the north-west this weekend, to check in with the adorable folk that are the Liverpool contingent (and friends). Just what I needed after a few days of quiet and housework – good chat and silliness; bars where they showed Labyrinth on big screens and had heaters that looked like TVs showing fires; hugs and in-jokes; feasts of food and Mcflurries; big sleeps and deciding I’m Bridget (not Jones!); and hours upon hours of chat…. Thank you again, lovelies!
And now, another week begins. Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday are fairly garden variety…I need to sort out my tip of a classwork, work on some scrapbook stuff, get my plans for next term out. I also need to get to the gym after a lacklustre few months….now spring is sprung I have no excuse (and I have to work those mini eggs off somehow!). Thursday the boy’s here….because on Friday we are flying up to Scotland. WOO! I am so excited to be going home and seeing family and friends and showing him my hometown. Brilliant!
Hope you all had an ace weekend – have a super week!