Lately…

I’ve been trying to eat right and sleep right and exercise right. I’ve been putting as much effort in as possible at work, helping each kid in whatever way they might need (be it reading, rounders coaching, a listening ear, or advice to yank their socks up). I’ve been counting down the days till I’m curled up and cosy with my boy.

I’ve been emailing and writing notes, trying to catch the phone when it rings (and failing far too often) and read up my favourite blogs (and succeeding most of the time). I’ve been thinking good thoughts and praying for all sorts of people and marvelling at the wonder and beauty strewn across my life and the lives of those around me. I’ve been spending more time outdoors.

I’ve been planning my move to London, the primary stuff (the wheres, the hows, the whens…) and the secondaries (when do I sell my car? What choir should I join?). I’ve been watching TV again, and finding a soft spot for teen dramas (‘Gossip Girl’ and ‘90210’), comedy-news (‘Newswipe’ and ‘The Daily Show’) and a good old fashioned cardie-drama (‘All The Small Things’). I’ve been keeping up with my chores. I’ve been planning visits. I’ve been reading and researching more.

No wonder I’m a little sleepy….

What I really need is a long weekend.

Which is, as luck would have it, exactly what kicks off tomorrow!

Three and a half days off, filled with friends and cuddles and fun (and sunshine, hopefully, if the British weather co-operates!). Loads and loads and loads of time with Matthew (:D); Friday lunch with some colleagues, always a nice way to kick off; dinner with Cheryl and Ben; brunch with Kathryn, Isaac, Xander and Tom; a picnic in the park; lunch with Emily and Katie and SiobhΓ‘n; and time for napping and relaxing and reading too….bring it on.

I hope you all have equally awesome weekends on the horizon!

30th April 2009 / 11:03 pm

I’m so jealous! I want to move to London πŸ™‚

2. j3k
    1st May 2009 / 1:11 am

Thanks for the lovely comments on my blog. The kids had a great time at prom and everyone made it home safe and sound…… They grow up way to fast I can’t believe how fast time goes by. I feel like I just went to prom yesterday myself. Thanks again.Hearts and HugsMarie

3. Crystal
    1st May 2009 / 5:52 am

Thank you for your prayers! =)PS.. Sorry the bracelets are taking so long, they are on their way.. just a little longer since it is out of US. Thank you for your support!!!

4. Claire
    1st May 2009 / 6:15 am

RK: Y’know, if you ever want to visit…Marie: Oh, I am glad – I know what you mean about prom being yesterday!Crystal: No problems whatsoever. Whenever you have time. Praying, as ever.Cxx

5. LL Cool Joe
    1st May 2009 / 6:56 am

Have a great weekend Claire. πŸ™‚

1st May 2009 / 12:54 pm

Secret: I like Gossip Girl and 90210 too!!! Shhhhh

7. Phil
    2nd May 2009 / 9:41 am

Sounds like a great weekend. I’d love to trade with you, well except for the Btitish weather.

8. Scarlet
    3rd May 2009 / 2:17 pm

Your world sounds much more fascinating than anything we have here in the states! I say we pack up and all move to London to hang out with Claire & Company! πŸ™‚

9. Tinsie
    4th May 2009 / 8:12 am

Hope you’re having a great long weekend and the weather is co-operating (for a change)!

10. robin bird
    7th May 2009 / 5:11 am

claire it is just makes me so happy so see that you have found so much of what makes you happy πŸ™‚ such wonderful and loving plans you have for your long weekend. good girl too for doing all those self-care things πŸ™‚