The things I could or should be doing…

Laundry.
Dishes.
Getting that hairy spider out of the bath.
Writing letters.
Doing my nails.
Researching removal firms.
Filing the little pile of bank statements that need tucking away.
Working out (again! I’m going through a gym bunny phase).
Cleaning out the car.
Any of another 47 necessary but uninspiring things….

Instead?

I’m giving myself the night off. I’m all cosied up in a comfy chair, reading blogs, drinking tea, and just having a little “me” time doing very little at all. Which feels utterly decadent – life’s a little busy at the moment, so it feels good to just stop and not be dashing about for a few hours. Brilliant. How are you all?

1. Mama Notes
    23rd April 2009 / 8:05 pm

Umm do you want to know the things I should be doing?! And lookie here.. I’m blogging instead, opps! 🙂 Nights like you described are wonderful. Enjoy it. 🙂

2. Anonymous
    23rd April 2009 / 9:08 pm

Oh I just cleaned out my car!… mainly coz the dustballs rolled when I went round corners… then I went to H&M and spent a small fortune. Sigh. Hope you're enjoying the sun hon Mlle Wilson x x

3. Nicole
    23rd April 2009 / 9:43 pm

Everyone needs some time off! I hope you enjoyed yours :o)

4. daisies
    23rd April 2009 / 10:25 pm

🙂 i’ve been crazed busy but loving it and i think nights off to just relax are awesome and so important, xoxox

5. wigsf
    24th April 2009 / 1:00 am

Lying in bed, perpendicular to the direction of the bed, reading blogs. I too am too lazy to do laundry. Guess I’ll be naked at work tomorrow,Oh, wait. I’ve a clean pair of socks. Naked except for my feet.

6. Ami
    24th April 2009 / 1:34 am

Your evening sounds wonderful! The list of ‘should be doings’ is pretty much the same as my ‘should have dones’ today. Rather, I took the kids and went shopping for a new baby cousin on the way. 🙂

24th April 2009 / 2:48 am

A little R&R is good for the soul!

8. LL Cool Joe
    24th April 2009 / 10:48 am

So isn’t “doing your nails” me time then? ;)I have a hundred things to do, and yet here I am reading your blog! Now that’s a big compliment!Hope you enjoyed your time off.

24th April 2009 / 8:44 pm

Me Time is the BEST! I can never have too much. Enjoy!

24th April 2009 / 8:45 pm

I think you made a wise choice! lol about the hairy spider

11. stshores24.com