A backwards funk

Why no posts for a week?

Well.

Truth be told, I’ve been on a bit of a low.

Truth be told, I’m kind of bad at feeling low. I’m a carer, a bit of a mum, I like taking care of people…asking for help or support, I’m way harder at. So if and when I have a down period, I turn in. I curl up. I get by. I throw myself into work and mindless tasks in the evening. I don’t call people or write letters like usual. The chores fall by the wayside, I snack way too much (I need to visit the gym, stat!), and just generally feel a bit poo.

The funk was nothing major – still a bit rundown, hammered by work (on one memorable day I had 96 exams to mark in one go. I’m still not quite sure how I got that do.), waiting for a few shoes to drop (moving dates, etc.), and a little lonely. Where I live can magnify loneliness like nothing else….as much as I may grumble a little about housesharing in future posts after the move, I’ll be so grateful to have people to talk to at the end of the day, have a cup of tea and a cuddle and just relax. And being so close to Matthew and so many of my friends is going to be brilliant. Here once work is done….I go home. On my own. Same four walls. Same nobody to speak to or hang out with or even squabble with. I do have some friends at work, but we don’t really socialise much. Well we do, but it’s once a week tops. I need more. I miss the occasional coffees, the drinks, the movies outings…. I’m ready to have those things back.

Happily, I think the funk is on the way out. I don’t feel as grey and blah (helped no doubt by the fact our half-term break just started today :-)). I feel like writing letters again. I’m posting this. And tomorrow I get to go and hang out with two or three dozen of my favourite people…

Here’s to sunnier days!

PS I am working on the ‘Ask Me Anything’ post…will be up soon!

22nd May 2009 / 9:17 pm

Funks aren’t funky in the least. Ha-ha. Glad that it’s lifting. :)It’s great that you have lots to look forward to, as do I. I can’t wait ’til August!

22nd May 2009 / 9:32 pm

Sorry sweetie! I get those from time to time…and yes, I’m guessing in London, you’ll have too many people to talk to 😉

3. darcknyt
    22nd May 2009 / 11:07 pm

I know things get bleak — goodness how I know! — but you’re strong and able to see through the dark. and now it’s lifting, and you’ll be back to your old self in nothing flat!Have a wonderful weekend!

23rd May 2009 / 5:13 pm

Cheer up kiddo. Everything’s better with alcohol.

5. Scarlet
    23rd May 2009 / 6:19 pm

Enjoy your break and get your groove back, my friend! There’s nothing like good friends and conversation to get you through the funk!All my best…xoxoScarlet

6. morethanthestarsinthesky
    24th May 2009 / 12:44 am

Poor thing…..I hope you are moving soon. Back in the states school just let out yesterday for 3 months of Summer. Glad you will get to spend time with your friends.Praying for you,Amanda

25th May 2009 / 9:31 pm

I can sympathize! Being overly busy is a fast-track to the blues. I hope you get lots of time and hugs from your friends to pick you back up in no time! 🙂

26th May 2009 / 12:46 am

I’m glad you are feeling better now!! Chin up doll!

9. Jaime
    27th May 2009 / 6:53 am

96 exams to mark all at once??!!?!? Wow. I can see why you were feeling a little run down!:)