Because counting blessings is a talent of mine…here are some things that are making me grin like a loon lately. Oh how I love living in my little “Claire bubble” sometimes!
* Cooking! I am loving having a bigger kitchen and because school hasn’t started just yet I have time to play in it also. Matthew’s enjoying this passion for all things culinary too, I think. I love cooking and baking. Oh, and Henry? I MADE SOUP! All on my own, no recipe or anything! It was goooooood.
* Reading! All the journeys I’m taking on the tube are affording me hours in a week in which to read. I’m getting through loads of books and really enjoying that lovely relaxed bliss that comes from reading a good book. I’ve also joined a library for the first time in four years…I love libraries…
* My favourite season is getting closer! Yep, it’s August 26th today. Which means it’s less than 4 months until my favourite celebration, the joy that is Christmas. I have a shiny book all ready to fill with ideas….good heavens I adore all things Christmassy. I also love autumn and early winter, so I’m a happy bunny right now!
* London! Oh, but I am falling in love with this city. The hustle and bustle, the lush greenness of the parks (even if I do keep getting lost in Regents Park), the things to do, the people to see. My gregarious nature is kicking in big style!
* Blogging! If you’d told me when I first started how much I’d come to enjoy blogging, I would have doubted you to say the very least. I’d never managed to keep a journal for more than a few weeks. I wasn’t particularly good with computers. Almost four years later, and I love my little blog. I love the people I know through it. I love the people I’ve met through it…and those I’m looking forward to meeting soon (RK and PG, I’m looking at you! :-)). I love the inspiration I get from the blogs I read regularly, the laughs, the tears. I love feeling part of my little blog family.
* LOVEFiLM! So I caved and joined (I think the US version is called Netflix?). I had so much fun making a list of movies to see last night and can’t wait till they start arriving. Please do comment me up if you have any suggestions for good movies to rent!
* Dancing! Most nights now, after dinner, while the boys are glued to their computers or watching the football, I go out in the back garden and have a wee dance. Just me, my iPod, and the night. Lovely…. I really must start doing some proper dancing again soon.
* Baths! Especially with Jo Malone grapefruit bath oil…
* Friends getting good news! In the last two months there have been a raft of engagements, new jobs, exam passes in my circle of friends. I thank God for all the joy he’s gifting to those that I love and am so happy for them all right now!
* Cuddles and kisses! Is there anything better?
* Mlle Wilson! My girl gets into town in 2 hours! I have missed her so very much and can’t wait to drink lots of tea (and wine) and hear all about what’s up with her! Love her dearly!
* Entertaining! Dinners, drinks, coffees, brunches, movie nights. I am so loving being in the city close to so many friends! I am so blessed to have the people I do in my life, and spenidng time with them is one of my very favouritest things.
* Bridesmaiding! Over the next year I am to be bridesmaid for not one but two of my lovely friends, and I am oh-so-very-excited about it! It’s such a delight to be able to help and share in the joy of this special season with two such special ladies. Roll on October for a Texan wedding, and roll on the upcoming jaunt to Glasgow for dress shopping and wine, say I!
* Projects! Next year I’m going to do a little project each month, where I change my lifestyle or eating habits a bit. This stems from a conversation I had with Christy, Siobhán, and SMatthew, about doing a “month of cheese”. Well now I might try and do a few challenge months (vegan, no caffiene, no refined sugar, exercising every single day…). It’s just the seed of an idea right now, but it may prove entertaining!
What’s making you smile today, lovelies?