My lovely friend Jess emailed me this meme, and as I was feeling Christmassy, I thought I would give it a whirl….do feel free to pinch it if you like it!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Oh, both, please! My stationery addiction becomes even more pronounced at this time of year, so any excuse to break out the ribbons, tags and paper is a grand one!
2. Real tree or Artificial? I have the same cheapo fake one I bought four years ago. It’s ghettotacular, and I love it!
3. When do you put up the tree? November 25th, put up to a soundtrack of Christmas songs, drinking mulled wine and eating mince pies.
4. When do you take the tree down? By January 6th. First of all, it’s tradition. Second of all, it’s usually about when I go back to school.
5. Do you like eggnog? Never tried it, but I do love an eggnog latte! And Jenna had some amazing looking eggnog pancakes at IHOP!
6. Favorite (or most memorable) gift received as a child? My Raleigh Bluebird bike!
7. Hardest person to buy for? My mum and dad are a nightmare to buy for! But I think I’ve got it sorted this year!
8. Easiest person/s to buy for? Possibly Matthew (he’s such fun to spoil), and also my girlfriends, and wee folk. I love buying presents!
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Not yet. My marmee has a beautiful one though!
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail if at all possible – I’m a little behind this year though! I also try to check in by email too, it’s a lovely time of year to catch up with folk!
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I honestly don’t recall!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Muppets Christmas Carol! I just shared it with my class – it’s such a great movie!
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? If I see nice things earlier in the year I’ll pick them up, other than that it’s probably from October.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not in a regift way, although I have passed on things I can’t or don’t use to friends or siblings (par example things I don’t eat or drink, earrings I can’t wear (ears not pierced), or books and suchlike which are duplicates).
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Turkey, stuffing, and cranberry sauce sandwiches. Nom nom nom!
1 6. What do you want for Christmas? Good things for all those people I love and care about, and time with friends, family, and Matthew badger, please.
17. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night, Once In Royal David’s City, Christmas Wrapping, Fairytale of New York, O Little Town of Bethlehem, and many others…
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Traveling in order to stay at home!
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer’s? Dasher, Donner, Blitzen, Prancer, Comet, Cupid, Dancer, Vixen, Rudolph. That’s nine, right? OK, I deleted Jess’s answers ahead of this but I still got them all…that’s my primary tecahing skillz for you!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Fluffy little golden angel
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Morning. This year, however, I’ll be opening most of my gifts on January 1st, when Matthew and I will be celebrating Fakemas – I can’t take my gifts home to Scotland.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? When double- or triple-bookings occur. My kingdom for some more time!
23. Favorite ornament, theme, or color? Red/green/gold, with a splash of silver or white. I’m a traditional kind of girl.
24. Favorite for Christmas Dinner? Turkey and all the trimmings, please.
25. What do you want to do for Christmas this year? Relax, and eat a lot! Oh, and have snuggles with my boy.
26. Who is most likely to respond to this ? Anyone who would like to!
Right, time to go do something creative with paper chains!