…since I did a meme post.
So when my dear friend forwarded this email, entitled ‘Getting to know you…the 2010 version’ I thought I could do it here and kill two birds with one stone (so to speak. This blog advocates neither the bludgeoning of birds with blunt objects nor the throwing of stones)….I could answer Jess’s email (I love your forwards by the way Jess – the funny ones always crack me up!) and also have so prompts for a blog post.
What can I say, my brain is frazzled. Work’s been pretty tough lately and after this it’ll be showertime, then back into a mound of paperwork and ironing. I always bring the glamour, huh? 😉
So here it is, friends. Feel free to snaffle this if you wish…I like learning about people, so please be sure to let me know if you do!
1. High heels or boots?
Heels, usually. I tend to rock a one to three inch heel most days (except when I rock my leopard print flats), as it makes me just a smidgen taller than most of the boys I teach!
2. What time did you get up this morning?
It’s a Sunday, so I got to lie-in a little. I was up at 8.
3. Diamonds or pearls?
I like both. I own neither.
4. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
Nine. It was….OK. Penelope Cruz was amazing and Marion Cottilard is gooorgeous, but the overall film felt a bit ‘meh’ overall.
5. What is your favorite T.V. show?
The three I currently make time for are ‘Glee’, ’30 Rock’, and the awesome guilty pleasure that is ‘America’s Next Top Model’.
6. What do you usually have for breakfast?
Usually cereal or toast, but now I’m working out more, I’m going more proteiny (eggs, meat, yoghurt, milk). Excepy on Sundays, when we have pancakes, or pastries, or porridge, or a cooked English breakfast.
7. What is your middle name?
Rachael. I like it. Even though my family are non practicing, I love how we three kids ended up with 4 out of six names from the Bible, and the one of the other two a name of an order of nuns. I tend to like Bible names.
8. What food do you dislike?
Kidneys! I just can’t do them (or intestines, actually, as I discovered after misordering at a French Bistro once!). Oh, and I cannot do marmite – I check this every year but I just don’t like it! When I was a child I used to eat it non stop – maybe I just got through my quota in record time?
9. What is your favorite CD at the moment?
I’m not really listening to CDs at the moment – I’m kind of in a radio phase.
10. Favorite Clothing?
Pyjamas! The uglier and the comfier the better!
11. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go?
One day I would love to visit Hawaii. I have always wanted to go.
12. Are you an organized person?
I think I am organised, yes. But I also love to procrastinate. Which can wreak havoc with the best laid of my plans!
13. Where would you like to retire?
Somewhere small and cosy, and if I’m blessed enough to have any, close to children and grandchildren.
14. What was your most recent memorable birthday?
Probably my 22nd, and celebrating with a room of lovely people.
15. What are you going to do when you finish this?
Make brunch for Matthew, sort some laundry, jump in the shower, make a coffee, then get to work.
16. Furthest place you are sending this?
If anyone in Antarctica or New Zealand reads this post, probably there!
17. Person you expect to send it back first?
Less about the sending as I did it on my blog…. wigsf might do it. He loves a meme.
18. When is your BIRTHDAY?
19. Are you a morning person or a night person?
Both! The time of day I can’t do is the couple of hours after lunch…how I long for compulsory siestas!
20. Do you have any animals?
Two goldfish. And I am yearning for a cat!
21. Any new and exciting news you’d like to share?
Not really. But if and when I do, it’ll be here, right?
22. What did you want to be when you were little?
A singer, an actress, a writer, a mummy, a teacher. I’m one out of five so far. 🙂
23. What is your favorite flower?
Yellow roses, without a doubt. After that, anything cheery and pretty!
24. What is a date on the calendar to which you are looking forward?
I have several, with three in the next month….
Friday 29th January: trip to Manchester!
Friday 12th February: hlaf-term break begins!
Saturday 13th February: trip to Dublin!
Even more coming up after that!
25. What was the last thing you ate?
Pain au chocolat. It was gooooooooood.
26. Do you wish upon stars?
Every time I see them. I am a hopeless romantic and an endless optimist!
27. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
Sky blue or scarlet.
28 . How is the weather right now?
Grey and chilly. But not snowing.
29. Last person you spoke to on the phone?
30. Favorite soft drink?
Does water count?
31. Favorite restaurant?
The bistro at Blanche House, Brighton. The nicest meal I’ve ever had!
32. Hair color?
Mid brown and all mine.
33. What was your favorite toy as a child?
My Raleigh bluebird bike.
34. Summer or winter?
After this winter, I’m veering towards summer. Grass is always greener, huh?
35. Chocolate or vanilla?
Can I half and half, please?
36. Coffee or tea?
If I had to choose, tea.
37. Favorite food of all time?
Italian or Mexican.
38. Do you want your friends to email you back?
39. When was the last time you cried?
Friday night. I was sad.
40. What is under your bed?
Boxes, shoes, dust bunnies.
41. What did you do last night?
Watched old episodes of ‘Spaced’, curled up snuggling on the couch.
42. What are you afraid of?
Letting people down.
44. Best quality you have?
I think I’m quite friendly and I try to be kind.
45. How many years at your current job?
1 term and a few weeks. I’m still a newbie.
46. Favorite day of the week ?
After four years of having to teach on it and suddenly getting it back…Saturday!
47. Positive or negative?
Positive, for the most part!
48. How many people will you send this to?
I’m bypassing that and putting it on my blog!
49. How many will respond?
No idea. Memes are down to mood, I always think!
50. Do you like finding out all this stuff about your friends?
Of course, it’s fun! (Nicked your answer there, Jess!)
Right, time to get to work. Enjoy your Sunday, all!