The lovely Riot Kitty did this meme over the weekend, followed by the always erudite wigsf. I figured I’d join the party! Feel free to take and do for yourself – I hate to ‘tag’ as I can never remember who likes and doesn’t like it!
1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing that you thought?
Wow. That bedhead is really impressive!
2. Do you miss anyone right now?
I miss a few people right now. So many of my friends live far away, or are uber busy… I cherish the time we do get together but I often miss them.
3. If you could move anywhere else, would you?
Canada. I’ve always wanted to live there, for some reason!
4. If you could choose, what would your last meal be?
Apart from good? Probably steak, or cheese speckled pasta, or ice cream….in other words, all the foods I try to go easy on in life!
5. What famous person, dead or alive, would you want to have lunch with?
Like RK, I’d want to sit down with Jesus. He’s both an inspiration to me and someone I have oh so many questions for…it would be an interesting and wonderful lunch!
6. What was the last book you read?
I honestly can’t recall. This is the problem with being an English teacher – often I am so busy reading stuff for the children my own reading falls through the floor. Hurrah for vacation – right now I am reading The Happiness Project and I Will Carry You. Both are (so far) excellent!
7. What was the last movie you watched?
At the cinema: Toy Story 3 (I wept buckets). At home: The September Issue (which I really enjoyed).
8. What was the last song you heard?
The Middle, by Jimmy Eat World. I wish I’d heard this song when I was in my early teens!
9. What’s your dream vacation?
I really don’t know! I would love to go to Hawaii, so let’s say that!
10. What is the next trip you’ll take?
Matthew and I head off to Scotland a week today, and spend four days with my family up there before travelling down to see his family in Northumberland for a few days.
11. Did you ever go to camp?
We don’t do camp in the same way on this side of the pond, but I went to plenty of camp outs in my youth.
12. Have you ever been in love?
13. What do you want to know about the future?
Somedays, everything. Most days, nothing… I’m the kid who at Christmas didn’t want to know any of her gifts, and I’m the same about my future. It’s like a gift I just don’t want to peek at!
14. Where is your best friend?
He’s working his socks off!
15. How is your best friend?
I hope he’s okay, and that he is remembering that holidays are now just two days away!
16. Who is the biggest gossiper you know?
I couldn’t say. I hate when I gossip, I will say that. I feel like I’ve done too much gossiping lately and am hoping to curtail this rubbish habit before it becomes a real pain.
17. What does your last text message say?
“I’m going to start work on my Christmas spreadsheet after a cup of tea and a little rest 🙂 x x x”
18. What are 3 things you’ve always wanted to do, that you still plan to accomplish?
I would like to try to write a book of some sort.
I would like to have a family of my own.
I would like to get down to a healthy weight.
19. What is one thing you’ve learned from your parents?
That being kind and polite is hugely important. As is forgiveness. And trying your best.
20. What is one thing you hope to teach your own children?
Much the same 🙂 Plus how to Hammer dance.