Oooops, I’ve done it again….

So.

Over the summer I radically overhauled my lifestyle. I went to the gym, I walk, I cut out naughty snacks, I stepped away from the second glass of wine.

And I felt great.

I lost about a stone, I felt healthier, I trimmed off an inch of my waist, I felt good.

Then September arrived.

I didn’t go to the gym once. I snacked (14-16 hour days can do that to me). I went to the pub. I put the stone back on. With a few extra pounds for good measure.

🙁

(sorry to revert to an emoticon, but it kind of sums things up!).

I looked at myself in the mirror over the weekend, and at the trousers which were feeling loose a month ago, but now feel tight, and I knew it was time for a change.

More fruit, more gym, more walking (thanks, Moonwalk training), more veggies, more water, more sleep.

Less snacking, fewer takeaways (usually I have one a month – in the last six weeks it’s been more like one or two a week), less alcohol.

I need to feel better and get healthier.

Wish me luck, please.

post signature

1. Siobhan
    12th October 2010 / 11:49 am

Good luck. I gained about 6lbs due to work related stress and comfort eating. I'm slowly losing them again but am quite annoyed to have put them back on, it starts with one thing and keeps going.All the bestSiobhán

12th October 2010 / 5:18 pm

Indeed – it's so difficult to stay healthy when life is very busy! I wish you all the best in your quest for a balanced lifestyle.

12th October 2010 / 6:21 pm

I'm right with you Claire! I lost a bunch and recently it seems have gained back ohhhhhh 15 pounds! Let's do this together!!!

4. PhilH
    12th October 2010 / 7:54 pm

Good luck.I'm starting yet another effort to get properly fit again without breaking my knees. So far, so good. But then it's only been 5 days…

12th October 2010 / 10:22 pm

You can do it, and I know you will.I have the same battles too. 🙁 I wish I could win a crazy metabolism in the lottery.

13th October 2010 / 3:03 am

Good luck! You'll do it.

7. Amber
    13th October 2010 / 3:08 am

It is so hard not to slip back into old habits. I'm working to feel healthier too. I'm tired of my pants not fitting. I've changed my eating habits, the bad ones anyway. Added more fruits and less food all the way around. The regular exercise is what gets me every time!