Happy December?

And I really hope it is, my friends. I hope it finds you happy and well and full of plans for good things. I always love December, and I hope you are looking forward to a great month too.

I am.

And not.

All at the same time.

I have so many things to be grateful for (and I am) and have a month full of fun and friends and loveliness to look forward to.

So why do I feel so lonely? I’m surrounded by people I love, I’m blessed in so many ways, and yet I feel really sad at the moment. I have the joys of Karmageddon to look forward to in a few days…and I’m absolutely dreading it. I feel like I’m just a piece of poo who’s going to be in the way and annoy people by turning up. I don’t think this is the case (and I really hope it’s not, because I hate upsetting people), but that is exactly how I feel right now. If this feeling continues I think I’ll just drop off my things for the lucky dip and stuff then go home and work and cry which would make me sad and feel bad, but would be better than feeling like I’m in the way. I want to go and catch up with people I don’t see enough, but I don’t know if I can.

I don’t think I’m explaining myself well, but I wanted to say something rather than bottling all this up inside. I’m dealing with some things in my own head at the moment and I think the stress is making me overthink other stuff, and I just feel sad. Just sad.

Sorry for the downer post. This is where I come when I’m worried, stressed, sad, lonely, as well as where I write about the many lovely things in my life. 90s music of silly photos in the next post, I promise.

post signature

2nd December 2010 / 3:30 pm

Awww, I don't like that you are feeling sad and lonely. I'm sure everyone will be super excited to see you at Karmageddon though.Anyway, I'm glad that you have a place to vent these bottled up feelings. I'm def going to have to do a vent post one of these days 'cuz I've also got a lot of yucky stuff bottled up inside that I'd like to get out. Who needs to pay for therapy when you have a blog?Hope that your blues get washed away by Christmas fun very soon!

2. Boonie S
    2nd December 2010 / 3:54 pm

Ultimately we're all alone. We're united by our isolation. It's the human condition. Take heart.Best wishes to you from a fellow aloner.Have a good day, Boonie

3. Siobhan
    2nd December 2010 / 4:57 pm

I feel like that a lot but I know that I, for one, am really hoping to see you there. xx

4. running42k
    2nd December 2010 / 8:38 pm

Completely understandable. Some people do get stressed out by the holidays and that could be leading to your feelings of sadness. The lack of sunshine and the cold probably lead to that as well.

3rd December 2010 / 4:48 am

I personally have hard time with having less daylight…it makes ME sad anyhow.Hope you are happier soon – especially with a happy birthday coming up!

6. LL Cool Joe
    4th December 2010 / 6:55 am

I'm going through a really sad patch at the moment. I think this time of the year is just so stressful. Chin up.

5th December 2010 / 10:22 pm

Everyone has their down days. It's OK to let it be known that you need a little extra support. 🙂 This too shall pass. (((HUGS)))

6th December 2010 / 9:33 pm

Sorry to hear you're not feeling up to par Claire. I say go to the shindig and forget about what people think! I've been thinking about you actually and how much you adore this time of year and how much I loathe it LOL! PS send me your addy please! I have a card sealed and ready to be sent!