This week Kelly‘s SUYL topic is all about hair and beauty tips. Now those of you that know me in real life will be aware that I am not the girliest of girls, but I DO like to keep looking fresh and healthy, and as pretty as is possible (which often isn’t very pretty at all, what with eight-year-old boys, a crammed schedule, and general inepititude!).
My best tips:
1. What goes in is more important than what goes on. I fill my diet with loads of fresh vegetables and fruits, a little oil now and then, and gallons and gallons of water. I know that doing this keeps my skin as good as it can be. I have eczema, which would be so much worse if I didn’t eat right.
2. Recently I have finally found a skincare range that I love, Avéne. It’s very French and understated and non-fussy and it works brilliantly. Whether you have normal skin or something more temperamental like me, I recommend heartily.
3. Sanctuary and Philosophy bath and body products make me happy, and smell divine.
4. My hair was my pet hate for many years, until I finally gave in and just went with it. Now I love my curly mop – it may be deadly unfashionable, but it feels very me, frames my face, and is easy to keep neat and fairly cute.
5) Makeup – I need to go get some tips on!