“8. Claire @ The Country Mouse Tales. Visiting your blog, I’d think you’ve never had a bad day! Truth is, you inspire me with your ability to turn negative into positive and, of course, the badgers.”
Hee. Thank you, lovely. I try to keep it cheerful. And badgertastic.
For this award, the idea is when it’s given, you then pass it on to ten bloggers of your own who inspire you. I couldn’t possible whittle it down using any proper rule as all my blog buddies inspire me in someone, so I settled for picking the first ten of the many inspirational bloggers who popped into my head. If you’d like to pass on the goodwill, feel free – if not just enjoy basking in a rosy glow!
1. Shannon @Curled Up With a Good Book And A Cup Of Tea. Shannon is an utter doll, and this is her book review blog. She writes so well about her passion and is constantly giving me great book tips. Shannon inspires me to read more!
2. Sara @Gitzen Girl. Sara is such an inspiration! She is homebound and has so much to wrestle with, and yet daily she chooses joy and the embracing of wonder. Reading her blog I always feel inspired and humbled – her writing is poetry.
3. Vixie @Matin Lapin. Vixie and I have been friends in real life for over three years now, and she is just one of the warmest, sweetest, kindest, funniest and most talented women I know. She has recently taken to blogging in a major (and very Vixie) way and I am loving her posts on art, Eurovision, tea, and everything else.
4. Riot Kitty @Riot Kitty. Oh yeah, I have to pass this one back. RK pulls off the magnificent one-two of being generous, kind, witty, funny and charming (plus a girl with a killer recipe for hummus) while also being able to be cutting, dark and dirty when it’s called for. Whattagal! I adore her blog and its combo of moving writing, comedy gold, and LOLcats.
5. Siobhán @Siobhan-Claude Van Damme. Siobhán is another IRL firend who has made the jump into blogging, and I love reading her perspective on things. She’s very witty and a total muso, and her different take on things is refreshing. She’s also just announced some big news, so feel free to go congratulate her :).
6. Miss A @Something’s Gotta Give. Such a funny, sweet girl, with an amazing knack for storytelling. Her adventures often make me howl with laughter, but she does serious and thoughtful just as well.
7. Wiwille @One Bad Apple. I’ve been reading Wiwille for years now, and his blog is one of my must checks, every single time. Whether he’s talking politics, being risqué, being open and honest or making a big announcement (Congrats on the news to you and your lovely wife, sweetie!) his posts are full of wit, intelligence, and make-you-think moments.
8. Jaime @Rhayne. Stunning photographs, beautiful words. Jaime’s posts are like therapy or a good cup of tea…life-affirming and full of wonder.
9. Christielli @Permanent Title Currently Under Construction. Christy is consistently one of may favourite bloggers (and one of my favourite people, too!). She writes with humour, passion and insight and inspires me greatly.
10. You, probably! As well as these nine, there are so many others who make me smile, make me think, and inspire me. Whether it’s Simon with his posts full of mullets, photos and politics; Kelly
and her beautiful blog all about her beautiful life; Lisa with her loveliness and artistry; or Lisa-Jo with her talent for words and love of story; or one of the many others I read several times a week, I feel oh-so-blessed to be part of what blogging is, and for what we can inspire and encourage in one another.