Is anyone else finding this month exhausting?
Maybe it’s the shorter half-term, maybe it’s the marathon, maybe it’s hayfever season, but I just feel completely overstretched right now. Life is a whirl of paperwork and deadlines and things to do, and everything just feels rather difficult to get on top of!
I’m determined to do so, however.
This plan has several stages…
1. Matthew and I had got *so* good at getting to bed early, eating a decent breakfast, spending an evening or two a week together just hanging out, but over the last fortnight that has slipped entirely. I need to get back on track with this.
2. Doing housework little and often…I’ve been so tired in these few days since the Moonwalk that I’ve let homemaking slide…with the net result that our flat now looks an utter state – ironing out of sync, piles of laundry, mess in every room. Tonight starts the revolution….a little bit of housework each night should hopefully clear the backlog in a week or so.
3. Exercise! Now the muscles are finally healing, it’s time to get my butt back to the gym. Pilates and spinning and swimming, oh my! I’m really looking forward to my half-term trip away, which should be any awful lot of fun, with loads of working out and relaxing too. 🙂
4. Reading and writing. After the great reading adventures of Easter, I’ve fallen into a reading funk. Just like housework, I need to make time for this! Ditto on the writing front, I have soooo many letters to write!
5. Spending time with loved ones. I need to fill up the diary!
In addition to this, I need to keep up with everything here at school too.
I’m really glad extra sleep was part of point 1!
How are you guys doing?