The lovely Shan wanted to know what I listened to when working out….and it was high time I did a singalong post…. So let me talk you through one of my workout mixes (there are several!).
1. Lose My Breath – Destiny’s Child
Just looking at the moves they throw in the video makes me want to move!
2. We R Who We R – Ke$ha
(caution – this video contains Ke$ha)
Yes. I know. Ke$ha. So help me, she makes me feel the burn when I’m working out. This song is also killer for spinning classes!
3. Raise Your Glass – P!nk
(caution – swears and oddness)
The more astute of you will have gathered that Pink is my jam when it comes to working out. This would be true.
4. No Cars Go – Arcade Fire
There’s something about that driving drum beat that keeps me going.
5. Falling For The First Time – Barenaked Ladies
There’s always time for Canadian alt-pop.
6. Saturday Superhouse – Biffy Clyro
7. Stronger – Britney Spears
This one always makes me giggle when I’m weight training. I feel like I should be pumping serious iron, not prancing around with my 1 / 1.5 kilo arm weights!
8. When Love Takes Over – David Guetta & Kelly Rowland
9. The Pretender – Foo Fighters
If Dave Grohl doesn’t motivate me, very few things will 😉
10. Celebrity Skin – Courtney Love
Great beat, clever lyrics, and always reminds me of my mis-spent youth in the Mudd Club in Aberdeen. When I was much skinnier!
11. Dirrrty Girl Mash up – Christina Aguilera and Jet
Amazing mash up. Great cross-trainer rhythm. Can’t find anywhere on youtube!
12. S.O.S. (Let The Music Play) – Jordin Sparks
13. Since U Been Gone – Kelly Clarkson
Yeah, two AI alums in a row. I have mad cheese selecting skillz. Love this video too.
14. Can’t Find The Moonlight (remix) – LeAnn Rimes
Coyote Ugly. Filmic genius.
I’m quite serious.
15. Bad – Michael Jackson
This has the added workout bonus that the first line (Your butt is mine) makes me giggle like a schoolboy. Extra-ab-workout-high-five!
16. Supermassive Black Hole – Muse
Adding some more rock to the mix. This always makes me feel like I should be strutting down a catwalk somewhere…bonus.
17. Up – The Saturdays
Dancey Brit pop cheese, which always reminds me of Lloret Del Mar with Katie Boo. Good times.
18. Number 1 – Tinchy Strider feat N-Dubz
Oh my goodness. It’s like all my musical taste abandons me the moment I enter a gym…
19. Heads Will Roll (A-Trak remix) – Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Slightly more credible note to finish.
So, be honest….does anyone else embrace the cheese for work outs?