Now, it truly feels like home. I don’t know how long we’ll be here (Matthew is itching to find a place to buy and make his own!), but for the next year or so, this is a nice little place to call our own. I went round with my camera and snapped shots of a few of the little things around here which make it feel extra homey…enjoy the tour (and marvel at quite how many badgers there are….).
As ever, clicking on the images should enlarge them.
2. The badger which looks like he’s been lobotomised was an Easter gift from a pupil…the egg which was in there is long gone, however!
3. I won this trophy for musical statues. Aw yeah!
4. These penguins adorn a wall in our sitting room. We tend to love all black-and-white animals, really…
2. Pictures of some of my lovely friends.
2. This was just a plain old JL butter dish until the lovely Vixie got her paws on it! Love this.
3. I found this teabag rest in Angel while shopping with Vixie. I’d been looking for one for ages, and this totally suits our flat!
2. Norwegian inspired cake tins.
1. Vixie (who is creeping up a lot in this post, haha!) found this on Etsy and thought the girl looked a little like me. It’s such a sweet gift, although I tend not to wear a dove in my hair, as it goes….
2. Eileen got me this brilliant badger plate for my birthday. He sits in our kitchen, eating cake in his pants.
2. Seymour monkey, a leaving gift from my last school.
3. Shona got me this beautiful Wizard of Oz tray, but it feels far too pretty to use.
4. There’s even a badger on the fridge.
2. Still love this board! I’m a sucker for a Union Flag. I’m also a sucker for using the correct form of address for the UK flag, but that’s a longer and altogether geekier story.
3. Badger plate in the kitchen.
4. My rainbow jug and our teapot, with a cosy knitted by the tres talented Mlle Wilson!
Part 2 to follow….