Oh yeah, the list continues!
But in a slightly different way…instead of continuing with the numbers (I kept losing count), instead, each Thursday I’ll be listing the things I like every Thursday. I’m jotting them down on post-its throughout the week and then writing them all down once a week. Love it.
I think it’s great fun to count blessings and remember all the lovely things we enjoy from time to time – and on my bluer days I know clicking on the TIL label can often remind me of the many many things in my life which make me smile.
So, without further ado, here are this week’s ‘Things I Like’…
1. Gilmore Girls. This is my ironing day treat. Every time I get out the giant ironing table ready to do some more work, I watch an episode or two. I love the witty repartee and the characters, and think I’ll probably finish out the series by the end of the year! The only thing I don’t like is that it makes me really, really hungry – those girls are always snacking!
2. Salads. This summer I’ve been experimenting with making lots of different salads, and I love the crunchiness of all those fresh veggies. Yesterday I made one of my favourites – lettuce, apple, and the teeniest bit of roquefort. Superbly yummy!
3. Cups of tea with Eileen. I love how we can switch from the most vapid topic ever to something really deep between sips. I’m really lucky to have a friend like her living so close (and I hope she’s having a great time in Sicily!).
4. Dolly Parton. I swear, she’s like my life idol.
5. Sticking with the country theme, the Taylor Swift song Back To December is totally my jam at the moment! It’s so poignant and wallow-y, it makes me want to wear a chunky knot sweater and stare at things pensively while walking around the Heath. Oh yeah.
6. Cute shoes! Usually I have a pretty rough time finding cute shoes for school, but this term I have three new pairs which all make me smile (and some of them even have heels, shock horror!).
7. Haircuts. Don’t you just love what a new haircut can do? Particularly if you have thick, crazy hair like mine, with a tendency to go rogue…
8. The sound of the horses from the royal parks trotting up the hill, past my study window. Such an un-London thing to hear, and one I only hear during break. One day I will succeed in taking a video of the spectacle…
9. Planning. Timetables, budgets, schedules….delicious. The reason why I own an ‘I Love Spreadsheets’ mug, certainly!
10. Instagram – I love being able to take quirky photos while I’m out and about! Do you use Instagram?
Now, an experiment….if you would like to share the things you like, or something that makes you smile, or some other little happy, I thought I’d add a linky to this post. It may work out, or you may all think ‘girl, you crazy!’, but I wanted to try it (and will have the linky up one each of the next few Thursdays). Just wanted to share a little happiness! I hope you’ll join me.