Oh, my friends, it is so on! It has to be.
The ups and downs of last year left me with a resounding feeling of needing to change. To challenge myself. To up the ante. To get back to some other things.
So these are my new year’s ambitions for 2012. There are twelve of them, or at least there were until I tacked on an extra two! I’ll be linking back on the first of each month to let you know how I’m getting on. I’ve even made a start on a few of them.
1. Write a 10,000 word children’s story. This is so a summer break project! So far: 0/10,000.
2. Write 200 letters/ cards / notes / postcards. So far: 0/200.
3. Swim twice a week (flexibility on this, yearly total counts). So far: 0/104.
4. Go for three months without buying anything from Starbucks (June, July and August). This should help with #10 and #13 too! So far: 0/92.
5. Write a blog post a day for the whole of 2012. 2/365.
6. Go for three months with no alcoholic beverages (January, March, and May). This should help with #10 and #13 too! So far: 0/93.
7. Complete all 52 weeks of a Project Life book and send it off to be published. So far: 0/52.
8. Give blood. So far: 0/1 (of course I can do more than once, but I want to do it at least once)
9. Read 52 books in the 52 weeks of 2012. So far: 0/52.
10. Become ‘overweight’ rather than ‘obese’. I have totally made peace with the fact that I am never going to be skinny or svelte, but I have had enough of feeling like an utter hippo. According to the BMI charts, this means I have 66 pounds to lose. I’m aware that’s a very lofty target for one year, but I’ll be thrilled if I manage to conquer any major part of it!* So far: 0/66.
11. Volunteer for 3 hours per months (or equivalent of). So far: 0/36.
12. Walk 500 Miles.** So far: 0/500.
13. Have the equivalent of 2 months salary saved up for a rainy day. So far: 67%/100%
14. Go out and have fun, do things (parties, movies, gigs, theatre etc.) at least 4 times a month. So far: 0/48.
I have a copy of this here, on my study wall, in my diary and in my planner. Now is the time for action!
Do you have any New Year’s resolutions, ambitions or goals?
* I’ve set up a separate blog (Country Mouse Gets Healthy), where I’ll be sharing recipes, tips etc. as well as posting successes and failures on a regular basis! Feel free to head over there if that’s your bag – I’ll only post the headlines of any weight loss over here.
** Yep, there’s a song in that!