It’s been a wee while since I’ve been ‘tagged’ for anything, but on Friday the lovely Amy tagged me for a meme that seemed fun! I have to share 11 random facts about myself, and answer 11 questions set by Amy too. Then I get to tag 11 people and set some questions of my own. Just a little fun for a Sunday evening, ready to post on Monday!
1. As a child I was major league accident prone. Falling out of trees, falling off of bikes, grazes, cuts, bruises…I was quite the thrill seeker!
2. I read the Boden and Lakeland catalogues for fun. Thank heavens for understanding boyfriends!
3. When I reach a long, straight, empty bit of pavement and my iPod is playing some good strutting music (Gaga, Smells Like Teen Spirit, Madonna), I love to do a little catwalk shimmy. Tyra Banks and Ms J would be proud.
4. My least favourite chore is hoovering.
5. I’m not the biggest fan of chocolate. I can enjoy it, but it’s really not my favourite thing. Cake, however, I love entirely too much.
6. I will read pretty much anything available. This does, on occasion, include toothpaste packages, pasta bags, or anything else that’s to hand!
7. I can, at times, find E News! oddly hypnotic. I think it’s the fact that at least 50% of the people they cover I’ve never heard of!
8. I have an unhealthy obsession with the seminal 1990s classic U Can’t Touch This. Please, Hammer, don’t hurt them!
9. I have the worst memory for languages. Naturally, this means I’m blessed with tonnes of fabulous friends and a boyfriend who excel when it comes to linguistics! Ha! Never mind, at least it teaches me a lesson in humility! I do try, but I am distinctly remedial in this area.
10. When excited, I often speak in an odd French accent. As you’d imagine, given point 9, this is odd. French? Non. French accent? Mais oui.
11. I was born with dark, chocolate brown eyes. It was only after a couple of weeks that they became blue.
And now for Amy’s questions:
1. What food are you craving right now?
Chewie’s red velvet cake, which I seem to be having something of a torrid nom-affair with! Thank heavens the shop has odd opening hours and I work a lot or I’d be in major trouble!
2. Biggest guilty pleasure?
Chick flicks. I already know 90% of what’s going to happen, but it’s the whole cuteness/kisses/weddings/friends combo that drags me in every time!
3. Go-to Saturday outfit?
If I’m just hanging out at home with Matthew, or volunteering, then jeans/joggers and a tee. If I’m out and about, a cute Boden dress, cardi and flats.
4. What’s your Starbucks order? Or, if you’re not a Starbucks junkie like me, your favorite pick me up beverage?
If it’s morning and I need a kick start, Venti white Americano (as I don’t drink caffiene the rest of the day, you can imagine the jolt this gives!). Evening if I happen to pop in, skinny tall caramel hot chocolate. Such a treat!
5. Best book you’ve ever read?
Haha, talk about impossible question! I often jokingly tell the boys I became a teacher so I’d have an excuse to keep reading more!
6. What’s one thing you’re really loving lately?
Zumba. It’s madness, but really fun madness!
7. What were you like in high school?
Geeky, timid, self-deprecating, a little scared, fairly well-liked. I had an okay time.
8. What’s one thing you don’t mind splurging on?
Decent trainers and black opaque tights, and experiences (gigs/shows/holidays).
9. Where would your dream vacation be?
10. Favorite song?
As much as I do obsess over MC Hammer’s seminal work, I don’t really have just one favourite….more like a mix CD worth of favourites for each mood. Oooh, that’s make a good blog series one day!
11. What’s your favorite way to spend a Saturday?
What fun questions! And now for my eleven tag-ees….hope some of you take up the challenge, I look forward to seeing what you write!
Siobhán at Siobhan Claude Van Damme
Christy at Permanent Title Currently Under Construction
Emily at Pretty Pretentious
Wiwille at One Bad Apple
Emily at The Pilot’s Wife
Emily (man, I know a lot of awesome Emilys! Emilyii?) at Think Thoughts
Shan at Curled Up with a Good Book and a Cup of Tea
Riot Kitty at…Riot Kitty
Vixie at Matin Lapin
Relyn at Come Sit By My Fire
Ily at Arroz Con Mango
My eleven questions are…
1. Which is your favourite holiday or celebration?
2. What’s your favourite song to rock out at a karaoke party? Or, if you’re not a karaoke person, what’s your favourite song to sing in the shower?
3. Do you wear pyjamas? If so, do you have a favourite pair?
4. Which of the cities you have visited is your favourite?
5. What do you think of the Kardashians?
6. Do you have any tattoos?
7. Who was your favourite teacher?
8. How much sleep do you need each night? Do you sleep well?
9. If you were a Star Wars character, which one would you be?
10. What is your favourite kind of candy?
11. The Simpsons was recently voted the greatest TV show of all time – what’s your take on this?
Thanks for the fun meme Amy…if I haven’t tagged anyone and you feel like giving it a go, feel free.
Have a fab Monday!